1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stone crab claws @ El Cortez

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Buddha, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's that time again, when the Flame restaurant at the El Cortez is serving up its Stone Crab claws dinner on Fridays & Saturdays for $28.

Has anyone ever had this EC special before ? How would you rate it ?

Do they allow you to use the LVA - 50% off Flame coupon on this special ?

Thanks for any info you might have ....

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I've tried to go past years, but it's never worked out. My plans have changed or they've been out of claws. We're gonna give it another try Nov 9. I'll report back.

3. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going to be in town that same week. Might try it ourselves.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there's another thread going about this now. I think stone crab is overrated and didn't compare to good king crab.

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to disagree Shifter. Love Stone Crab:licklips:. Maybe because it is hard to find. Stone crab is definately easier to eat then other crab. It seems to come out of the shell easier and in larger quanity. I hate fighting with other(king, dung. etc.) crab legs. Love the mustard/mayo suace provided at Joe's Stone Crab restaurant.
    We agree to disagree
    PS: Have a great time in New Orleans and the Superbowl.

6. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the crab special last year and it was great. The claws were huge. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use the LVA coupon; I plan to use my coupon when I dine there on the 30th of this month. Be sure to give the coupon to your server before you order; wait to tear it out of the coupon book until you are ready to give it to her/him. Enjoy.

7. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read reports that you can not only use the coupon, but can request separate checks and use 2. This may depend on who get as a server. I also read you can not do this with a Restaurant.com certificate though I believe Flame no longer participates. Just remember that the stone crab is only served on Fri and Sat.

8. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that stone crab is the most delicious crab I know. We get the cheap floaters fresh in Florida for about $5 pound and eat them all winter long, and often. Nice environmental food as well. The crab is not killed; the claw that is harvested takes about a year to rejuvenate. Very sustainable. The floaters are smaller than the EC full claws and the meat is less as it diminishes during molting, but for us the floaters are a real bargain. They do need to be eaten soon after harvest, however, as they are delicate and don't keep well for any length of time even when frozen.

9. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone been in the past couple of weeks? Devine, delicious, disappointing?

10. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

We went on Friday. Reservations are a must. Even with them, we waited about 15 min for a table. The claws are $28 per pound and come with coleslaw and potatoes. The claws were huge, fresh and delicious. Dungeness in SF during crab season are still my favorite, but these are very meaty and a lot less work. We'll return before the season is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.