1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor and Excalibur Resort Fees on Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Snowbelle3, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it true or false? $15 per night on a comped room sounds silly. I plan to call now too though. What is your experience?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When MGM first started resort fees, I got a comped room at MC, but was still charged the fee. I was PISSED. Not sure if they still do that. I know I never get chargted the fee now, but I also play larger. Not sure if that is the reason or if MGM policy changed

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can vouch for the Luxor doing this.

I had an offer for two free comped nights from them, and I called asking how much it would be for a three night stay in January, and the price she quoted me included the resort fee for those two comped nights.

Needless to say I didn't take the offer. Luxor is a bit below my standards anyway.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since we've done this thread about 3 times in the last two months, let me summarize for you...everyone has had different experiences with the lower tier MGM properties and resort fees on comped rooms.

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep I guess no reason to play there.

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends I guees, we changed our Christmas stay to a comped at Luxor and it states in the deal resort fees are waived on comp nights, I asked the VIP desk when I booked and she verified they are waived.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You had it right in the OP...call and ask

8. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes all the MGM properties will charge you resort fees, even on a comp'd room unless you get them waived. My host waives mine...just contact your host or a host to see what they can do.

9. Slick

Slick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, if you are charged a resort fee on a comped room...it is no longer a comped room.

10. mark338

mark338 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never paid the resort fee at Excalibur when the comp'd room was booked through a host.

11. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true. The higher tiered MGM properties such as Aria, Bellagio, Mirage, MGM, Mandalay never charge a resort fee for a comped night. You could easily verify this info with each of these hotels. At these properties, you don't need a host to do anything about the fee. It is not charged. Period.

The lower tiered hotels as Monte Carlo, NYNY, Luxor, and Exalibur do charge for comped rooms, but either a host or VIP service rep or front desk agent upon check may at their discretion wave it.

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LAV is correct. I was comped a few nights at Mandalay Bay Aria through corporate offers, and did not have to pay a resort fee. I am not sure about Luxor, etc.

13. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was charged last year, I emailed Luxor and they removed and told me in the email I shouldn't have been charged the resort fee. I used regular check in rather than the invited guest check in.

14. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 nights comped at Bellagio(standard room) in November and asked if I would be charged a resort fee and was told not with a comped room.

15. Mauretania

Mauretania Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed two nights this past week at the MGM Grand on a comped offer including free play and food credit. I was told when I booked the resort fee of $25.00 per day plus tax - total $28.00 per day would be charged. This was also verified when I checked in AND at the Mlife Players Club.

When I did check out at the Mlife desk on my final morning they did remove all room charges including the resort fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.