1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by teachers30, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teachers30

teachers30 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there anybody out there who lived in Vegas at one time and left for various reasons? Just curious because I lived there for a year before moving back home, got home sick. I am originally from the south where my family still lives.

2. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it works that way with a lot of place. I love vegas but really could never see myself living there. You certainly can have a love affair with a city that you visit on holidays. However, Once you move there, all bets are off. I always wanted to move to Miami, finally did it. After a couple of years, I couldnt wait to leave.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check one for us. I'll PM you

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 39 and have lived in 5 states (and 1 foreign country). Where I live now is the longest I've ever lived so far in my life. There have been things I've liked and things I've hated about every place I've ever lived - where I am now really feels like "home" to me.

For now:wink2:

(I'm not quite the gypsy my mom is - she has a couple more states on me, though not the foreign country.....)

Guess I have a family of gypsies - multiple marriages & kids - none live in the same place......

5. teachers30

teachers30 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and I must me fam. I too am 39 and have lived in 4 states so far but no foreign countries. Like you I have liked and hated things in every place. I have yet to find that place that feels like "home". Nice to meet a like minded person.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak for having lived there, but though I DO love my once to twice a month visits for primarily business, I've gotten to know the town well enough to know I would never leave the beauty of Northern Nevada for Las Vegas. It's far too hot for much of the year and the town is just too "scuzzy" for me. I love the Strip and Downtown and Summerlin and parts of Henderson are gorgeous, but most of the rest of Vegas is just "scuzzville" as far as I'm concerned.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't live there, although I have been to 7 different countries and many large cities including Australia, Hong Kong (pre China takeover) and Manilla PI and Pearl Harbor Hawaii. Of all the places I have been, Vegas is still my favorite city I have ever been to. The reason I wouldn't live in the city limits is I couldn't put up with all the tourists and convention goers all the time. There is no break from all that there. I would live in Henderson or Pahrump though

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having lived in a couple of places that are tourist meccas, I can guarantee that "no tourons" is a primary rule of mine when choosing where to live:peace:

(we also love to travel - and we always play the "could we retire here" game wherever we are......so far we've identified one spot, but dangit - lots of tourons.....Including us, I suppose:evillaugh)

9. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Henderson, Green Valley and Summerlin would be ideal choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.