1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Todai - Miracle Mile PH - is it good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pikabu, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just planning our December trip. Has anyone tried Todai - Sushi and Seafood Buffet at Miracle Mile Shops at PH?

We're going to the V Theater (Beatles) and thought we would try Todai.

2. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love eating sushi and try to visit as many different sushi restaurants as possible in los angeles and vegas.

I first tried Todai 10 years ago in Los Angeles and it seems as if the quality just gets worse. There are plenty of AYCE sushi restaurants in vegas to choose from.

I recommend Yama Sushi just east of the strip. On my next, I will be trying Sushi House Goyemon. Heard many positive feedbacks about this restaurant.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you define "good"? You can certainly find better in town, much better if you can afford to.

I have not been to the one at PH, bit in other cities it was equivalent to the sushi station at a buffet. It is all buffet style, but certainly edible.

If you want a quick bite before the show it should be fine. If you want a sushi dinner to remember, I would recommend some different places. :)

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and if it is your birthday, it's free.

5. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Sonya, I'm a big sushi fan. What places would you recommend if price is not that much of an issue? Thanks

6. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have dined at their buffet several times and have been more than satisfied with the food and service. They have a good selection of sushi as well as other Asian foods such as tempura. I am by no means a sushi gourmet, but since you will seeing a show at PH this place should be adequate.

7. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sushi at the Todai in Miracle Mile is okay. It's not spectacular, but I can usually find a couple rolls that I like enough to get my fill. It's proably not worth paying full price for, but if you get the coupon book from the info center in Miracle Mile then I thi k it's an okay deal.

For money no object great sushi on the strip I recommend Shibuya in MGM. Great decor, great service and one of the best and most expensive meals I have enjoyed. For less money, yet still fantastic quality off strip (you will need a car) get the omakase at Sen of Japan.

8. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an interesting experience at Shibuya a couple years ago. The food and sake was delicious, especially since it was comped. However, when the sushi chef was preparing some dishes, he fu**ed up real bad. He had a small bowl where he would dip his finger in to get it wet to grab and shape the sushi rice. He also had receipts in front of him so he knew what to make. This is where he did something gross. He would dip the receipts in the same bowl to get in wet so he can stick it to the marble counter where he was preparing his food. So the bowl where he dipped his finger in also had small amounts of ink in it from the newly printed receipts. I pointed this out to the manager and he ended up taking the sake of my bill, even though it was a comped dinner. However, the manager did apologize, but did not seem bothered about the incident. I hope this isn't that common for sushi chefs because that's just disgusting.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have Shibuya at the top of my want to try list. Your experience does sound gross, but I'm not sure it takes it off the list. I'll just watch carefully. :wink2:

Bar Masa has also been high on my list if money really is no object.

Here are a few threads that might help:
    BEST Sushi Places
    Best Sushi in Vegas?
    Best Sushi with drinks

10. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there a few weeks ago. I was definitely not impressed; it's no better than other sushi buffet places that I've been to. We went for lunch and not sure if dinner had more items, but don't think I'd go back.

I'd really like to try some of the "high end" sushi places, but don't want to spend the money as I eat alot of sushi. I stay at Aria and only dream of eating at Bar Masa as I would probably spend $200+ for just myself.

11. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was fortunate one trip at Aria on a solo trip to get RFB. I was able to dine at multiple restaurants at Aria. All of them were amazing, especially since it was free. But Bar Masa was the best. I was drinking so everything tasted better but they have some unique sushi selection which can't be found everywhere. i can't remember everything i ate but i remember my bill being close to 300 for myself with only 2 or 3 drinks

12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same (sushi?) boat as you, gpburdell. I'm always looking for Bar Masa quality at Todai prices. :wink2: I'll have to work on that RFB comp at Aria so I can try it out sometime. I do love really good sushi, but my wallet is usually left crying at the end of the meal.

13. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the amount of money I've lost gambling over the years; I could have had plenty of Bar Masa dinners. I swear the next time I hit it big, Bar Masa is the first place I'm going.

BTW, I've been told if you play poker in the Ivey Room that you can order sushi from Bar Masa right at the table and they'll bring to you for free. I need to be a high stakes poker player..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.