1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's - Rio Shuttle

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by pokerbucketlist, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Anyone had experience with this?

Is it easy to find and worth the wait etc? Do you have to be staying at one of the properties to ride it?

Thanks

J

2. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is a very affordable and convenient way to go to the rio and the other properties on the strip. You do not have to be a guest to take the shuttle. they run pretty frequently

the drivers will appreciate a tip of a buck or two.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Diamond gets boarding priority. Found that out when we stayed at Ballys in april. Really drunk, obnoxious guy got really loud with the driver pushing his card in his face reminding him how him and his buddies should get on first because he was diamond.

4. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle only goes between Harrah's and Rio OR Bally's and Rio. As far as I know, there are no other CET properties involved. At Rio, there are two seperate boarding/ unloading areas outside the entrance closest to the Buffet, Each area is for the destination that you are going to/coming from, either Bally's or Harrah's.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did this last time I was there. IIRC, the Bally's -> Rio shuttle goes like every hour on the hour starting at like 8 or 9am. Then the shuttle back from Rio -> Bally's goes every hour on the half hour. It may be vice-versa on the times, but they are free and during busy times, they'll bring a larger shuttle.

Tip the driver a buck and thank him/her for the safe ride. Good karma will always come out of it! :peace:

*edit*
    Forgot to mention the entrance at Bally's is on the North side of the building. If you come from the strip, walk through the gardens, towards Flamingo Road, go past the side entrance where the buses and shuttles drop off, then as you head East along Flamingo Road and towards Ellis Island, there will be a small covered area with a sign that says Rio shuttle on your right.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we rode the shuttle from Bally's there were about 10 waiting for the bus at Bally's. However, when we came back, the line for Bally's was about 50 people long and only about 10 waiting for the Harrah's bus. So we rode the bus to Harrah's and walked back to the Flamingo instead of waiting. It was free but we tipped the driver and no questions were asked about where we were staying. It wasn't bad for a free ride.

7. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the shuttles start at 10:00am.

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if you are staying at IP/the Quad, will the shuttle be OK to use because it's a CET property? And what if you don't have "Diamond" but "Gold"? I would definately tip the driver, but after all the "Diamond" people have boarded, would someone staying at a CET property get boarded BEFORE a non CET party? In other words, if there are more people boarding the bus at Harrah's than capacity, will CET members have priority over everyone else?

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically first come~first served after Diamond & 7 Stars. I have had to wait for the next shuttle but only seemed like 25 min or so vs. a full hour. They just run in continual circles. I have never seen them ask for a room key.

10. g-didi

g-didi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cant comment on the shuttle other than to note I've stayed at 3 CET properties where my room key looked just like my players gold card, minus the numbers and name.

11. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttles run every 30 minutes from10 am to 1 or 2 am. Not certain on the time of the last bus because we never stay out late. The buses run on the hour and half hour from Rio to both Harrah's and Bally's, quarter past and quarter to the hour from Bally's and Harrah's back to Rio.

We were there just last week, so this info is current.

12. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last May, my gal pal and I stayed at Harrah's for 3 nights and then over to Bellagio for 2 more nights ......... we checked out of Harrah's at 11, stashed the luggage with the bell men , and took the shuttle from Harrah's to Rio , as neither of us had been there........played slots, n had lunch and headed back around 3, retrieved the luggage and headed to Bellagio by cab......
    We didn't have to wait long , either direction, for the shuttle and the driver didn't ask for room keys ....

13. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas, no players cards required

AC,Caesars has the only one I know of,you need a Total Rewards card.

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle is for everyone. The point is to get people out to Rio and they need a bigger pool than just TR member/CET members. It's been a while since I used it so I don't know if they Give priority to people other than Diamonds.

15. VegasDog

VegasDog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the shuttle still running from Bill's to the Orleans to Gold Coast?

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK

Harrahs/Ballys/Rio shuttle every 30 min. 10AM-1AM, anyone can ride

Gold Coast/Orleans/Bills shuttle every 20 min. 9AM-midnight, anyone can ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.