1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best strip value for the money

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tstidm1, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tstidm1

tstidm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering what the Best Strip value is. I don't want to stay at a place like Imperial Palace. I am looking for four nights at about $400 total before Tax and resort fees. This would be a late january-late february trip. Which strip hotel is a good value? I am looking more towards close to lost of non-gambling entertainment. I may spend $20 in Lion's share at MGM (in the hope of making a couple million), but that isn't my goal. Good food and great entertainment would be most worth the money in my view.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think TI's gotta fit the bill, as well as maybe Bally's and New York/New York and some folks speak highly of Monte Carlo and Luxor along the lines of "value".

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Monte Carlo or NYNY. They are nice for the price.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    value is determined by cost/benefit. without a cost mentioned, it's impossible to calculate value. depending on what kind of deals you can find and when you go, that $100/night can be found in many different places at many different value levels.

5. Dtyst1

Dtyst1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given its location, room size, and easy access to/from your room to the strip compared to the cost of the room; for me, Bill's is the runaway winner.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weeknights or weekend? HUGE difference. And forget about the first weekend in february if you want good prices...superbowl.

8. tstidm1

tstidm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weekend unfortunately. Friday-Monday or Thursday-Monday. Super Bowl weekend is off the weekend. Thinking something like 1/24-1/28 (Lady Gaga concert weekend with MGM off table) or 2/7-2/11 (Green Day, so rates should be decent that weekend).

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Shifter.To one person paying $200 for a room would never be considered while someone else would not even think about staying at the
    IP for $46/night.
    A quick look at online rates for your January dates shows plenty of "value"
    Mandalay Bay $106
    MGM $112
    Mirage $124
    To me those are a better value than
    IP $46
    Circus Circus $51
    Strat $51

It's all what you want out of your hotel

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use discount codes from Smartervegas.com (they seem to have the best deals) and make a list of the lowest prices of properties that appeal to you. Then pick one and book it!

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Within your price range

Prices are comparable for both weekends.
    For your first dates, Mandalay Bay is the nicest (though the furthest south) for the price at $106. MGM is second at $112. Do realize resort fees are going to add $25/nt to your price. If that pushes things to more than you want to pay, Harrahs at $85/nt is a very good value.
    For your second dates, MGM at $106 (+$25) or Harrahs at $92 are the best.
    Resort fees do include internet, if you were planning on using it anyway--it is $15/nt at Harrahs.

12. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yep. You can find a lot of nice options in your price range.

13. 904c43

904c43 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Great advice. That's what I did and got a steal of a deal for vdara. Even cheaper than Hotwire.

14. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo?

I am staying at the Flamingo Go Room , beginning of December. $30 a night for a total of $108 for 3 nights taxes in.

Am I going to be dissappointed? :evillaugh

I know the location is quite good. For some reason I have always wanted to stay there.

Thanks

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you're expecting a 4 or 5-star hotel, yeah, you're going to be disappointed. if all you're expecting is a bed to sleep in that's better than a bench on the closest street corner, you should be fine.

16. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite an endorsement lol.....interesting. I guess pictures are always better than reality. :(

17. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always thought the Flamingo was a good value. Great location, good food options, inexpensive and decent rooms, Margaritaville is the cherry on the sundae. No nightclubs. It's not going to be luxurious in any manner whatsoever.

We all have different standards of "value", and for $30 a night it will be a good value.

18. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is your 4th trip to Vegas - where did you stay on your previous 3 trips? If you are accustomed to staying at higher-end hotels, you may be very disappointed. OTOH, if your previous stays were at IP or Circus Circus, then you will likely be pleased with Flamingo.

If the Flamingo appeals to you and you've always wanted to stay there, perhaps you will thoroughly enjoy it and Flamingo will become your favorite hotel. :)

The beauty of Las Vegas is that even if you don't enjoy your stay at Flamingo, there are many different hotels to experience.

19. flamingogo

flamingogo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in a GO room three times and really liked it. The beds are super comfortable and the non-locking sliding frosted glass doors for the bathroom provide potential for plenty of awkward moments.

During my last trip I stayed in a nice corner studio at Caesar's in Augustus Tower ($20 trick) and even if I had to go back to the GO room for my next stay, I wouldn't mind that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.