1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Already booked would you switch?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by golfnut, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I'm already booked for Monte Carlo for the 26-29th. my mlife offer was for 100 free play and deluxe room. I had contacted a host by email and received a call a few weeks back. Above my reg offer he gave me VIP check in and he didn't promise me but told me that an upgrade to a spa suite or hotel 32 wasn't out of the question. Now Agian he didn't promise about an upgrade.
    Anyways, today I received an offer from aria for 3 nights, 100 free play and cafe vetro meal for two.
    So I called the host that contacted me and told him about the offer. I also told him that all things being equall that my wife prefers the rooms at aria. (They are nicer. ). Now I didn't want to come off as a jerk and I hope I didn't but I asked him to look to see if he could make my offer look better than the aria offer so that I can convince my wife to stay at Monte Carlo. He said he would look things up and call me.
    I'll let you guys know what happens. Let me know if I did the right thing or not.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like a good strategy. you put some pressure on the MC host to up your offer, but at the same time you look like the good guy just trying to make your wife happy. win/win for sure.

3. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks shifter, I just want to get s much bang for my buck. I'm sure ill play enough to make my host happy. I'm just hoping he can come up with something.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's BS that he's hanging the possible upgrade out there but not confirming it. I understand why he's doing it -- he's waiting to see who else he gets for that weekend. But I think you took the right strategy -- if he bumps you to the spa suite or hotel 32, I definitely think you take it. But the deluxe room at the MC is nowhere close to equal to the Aria offer.

Is this Kurt you're dealing with? He's always been straight with me, so I think if he can't match it he'll be honest.

5. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes he seems like a straight shooter. I haven't received a call back yet. But he probably got busy he said it would take him about 45 minutes it been about 2hrs.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not unusual for him. But if he said he'll call, he'll call and apologize for missing the time. Tuesday is a busy day for him because he's off Sunday and Monday.

7. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got off the phone with Kurt. He said he can't do anything more than a deluxe room since the spa suites are going for so much now. 250 for Friday night 450 for saturday night and don't remember Sunday night. So should I keep my offer at Monte Carlo or go with Aria. We will have friends staying at Monte Carlo so it would be nice to stay there, but its also a three minute walk inside to get there from aria. What to do what to do?

When I had checked a month or so back the cost to upgrade to a spa suite threw corporate was $160 total for the three days. So that a big difference.

8. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your Aria offer is slightly better and IMO Aria is much nicer in every way than MC. My pet peeve with MC is that they always charge me a resort fee ( I don't use a host which may be why so that could be a non factor for you) but Aria never does. Stay where you and the wife will be happier, but if it were me I would choose the Aria with no qualms at all. Kirk sounds nice but useless, so you owe him nothing.

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'd move to Aria. You're getting more in that offer, and like you said, it's not a huge walk. I like the Monte Carlo, but I've never stayed in the plain deluxe room -- I can't image it's that great.

The only reason I'd stay at MC is if I was trying to establish a record there for future play, as they've been very good to me in continuing to up my offers.

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    definitely move to Aria especially since your wife wants to stay there. always better to keep her happy.

11. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so check this out. Yesterday when I asked my host about upgrading to the spa suite to keep my stay at monte I was told that he couldn't based on the rates for the spa suite were so high. $350 for fri. $450 for sat. $200 for sun. No problem rates are high wouldn't expect that comped without more play history.
    Well today I called the number on my email and asked them for prices to upgrade to spa suite was told $60 for fri. $60 for sat. And $40 for sun. Why such a big difference?
    Although aria is nicer I think we want to stay at Monte Carlo because we have other friends also staying there and feel bad not staying there with them. I know that's kinda dumb, however they chose there because we told them we were staying there. So feel bad for switching.
    Does this price difference sound strange to anyone else. Almost feel like host was trying to scare me with prices so he didn't have to upgrade me rather than just telling me no.
    Also can I use my express comps to pay for the upgrade?

12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From our earlier conversation, I thought the host was quoting you the total rack price to get a spa suite, not the upgrade charge. It still sounds out of line, but not by that much.

You should be able to use ECs for the upgrade. Even if you can't do it up front, you can do it on the back end...and I'd save it for the back end, because if you outplay your room offer you might get those upgrade charges taken off by the host.

I outplayed my offer two trips ago and Kurt comped off everything on my bill, including food and show tickets.

13. luvvp

luvvp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

For one, if you told your friends you were staying there then you should.

I agree to save it for the back end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.