1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hard to justify bottle service for couple/two people

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by josassoc, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I go to Vegas with a group (of ladies) we tend to get more discounted offers for bottle service (i.e. best night was Cathouse $150). But, then when I go with my husband, it's always the standard $350-$500 price. I realize I am spoiled by my prior female experiences. My husband is used to going with his friends and paying ridiculous bottle service prices to relax and sit down while clubbing with his friends.

Is there any trick to getting more reasonable bottle service prices when there are just two people/couple? Last time I went with him it was $800 (when including tip and all other charges)...I almost choked. Ugh!!!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the only option is to get some more people to join you and split the cost. 1 bottle is way too much for 2 people and usually too much for 4 people even. but if you want the experience, you pay the price. if you have more people, there's more leeway. i was able to swing some great 2 bottle deals for 8-10 people last trip that worked out well. but there's not really any way to do less than 1 bottle and when you only have 2 people, that's going to be expensive.

3. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas makes being a couple difficult to "club" properly

That last time I dropped a grip with my husband. I felt compelled to try to drink that friggin bottle...and drank too much. Normally, I can monitor my drinking by knowing how many drinks I bought. However, with a scantily clad girl refilling the glass at every turn, I lost count. Overall, Vegas is making their clubs couple-unfriendly.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I Use a club host. He usually gets me special pricing, half off bottles or buy one get one. Most I have ever spent is $500 for two bottles of ketel one. He will also just put me on "the list" for free admission and no waiting in line.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Find a group of hot women at the door. Bring them in as your guests :wink2:

6. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlikely?

LOL. Then I'm stuck with a group of hot women with my husband. Yeah...nope! I think I like the "call a host" idea better.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fine. Be that way. :peace:

8. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not bad. What club? Anyway i can contact your host. I wouldn't mind paying 500:beer:

9. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will never begin to understand the 'bottle service' pricing. I mean im no skin flint but im no millionaire either and even if I was I dont think I could ever spend 10x the price of a bottle just for the 'experience'. Each to their own I suppose but to me anyway its barking mad!

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously there are people, many people who will! But I am not one of them either!

Done local clubs when I was younger...that price tag isn't something that I think values the price tag.

If you do choose to club...enjoy it!

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This argument comes up every time someone mentions bottle service. And if you aren't going to a club anyway, you won't want bottle service. But if you are, say you have 5 guys. By the time you pay cover and then pay $15 for each drink, what do you think those guys are going to spend?

Every time you buy a drink in a high end bar you're paying 10x the price of the drink. I paid $20 for a Macallan 12 at Ruth's Chris a couple weeks back. I bought a bottle this week for under $50.

When you get bottle service, you're just buying in bulk.

12. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was 100% against bottle service before my last trip. I ended up getting bottle service and absolutely loved it. Yes the price does seem steep up front, but imagine going to a club and paying up front for everything you will spend that night (cover, drinks, tips). Odds are, that amount will be pretty close to the amount you will spend on bottle service, depending on how many people you are splitting it with. And with bottle service, you get a table, and basically are tended to the whole night. I'm sold on bottle service and would not go to a club without it anymore.

13. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe its just a UK thing, I'd be interested in hearing anyone from this side of the ponds opinions. I'm from Scotland and I'm pretty much done with the club scene now (I'm grey and old at 33, AND married lol) but I used to go clubbing every weekend here a few years back and I had never even heard of bottle service before! To my knowledge the closest thing we have to that here is a girl walking around with bottles charging X amount for a 'shot' of whatever drink it is. Booths/tables are free and its basically 1st come 1st served unless you wanna pay for a VIP room etc. It would probably be a good thing if it was brought in here in Scotland tho, we have a shocking rate for alcohol related deaths/conditions and as a 'binge' drinking culture. I'm sure those 'deals' would go down like a lead balloon tho and no one would enter the clubs.

14. bigmedsi

bigmedsi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there - I'm from the UK too and hadn't seen it until about 6 months ago at a bar (not a big club), they charged £40 or something per bottle of spirits and included mixers etc with it. They also reserve tables and seats for people who commit to spending over £500 during the evening. Nothing near the price of things in LV but it was a new concept to me at the time. Now reading up on Vegas it seems to have come over from there and I haven't seen it since.

I'm going out in just under 3 weeks and there's 6 of us in the group (all males) - I think we are going to give the big clubs a miss as not sure we can afford bottle service (at $500/bottle) and can't see us getting in without that or a large tip to the bouncers!

15. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    " Yes the price does seem steep up front, but imagine going to a club and paying up front for everything you will spend that night (cover, drinks, tips). Odds are, that amount will be pretty close to the amount you will spend on bottle service, depending on how many people you are splitting it with. And with bottle service, you get a table, and basically are tended to the whole night. I'm sold on bottle service and would not go to a club without it anymore. "

If you do want to go to the clubs, do the math first. If each of you were expecting to spend $100 anyway, do the bottle service. $200 each would give you a long time in the club. Also, consider the alternative: If you don't go to the club, you're probably going to be gambling and lose at least $200 anyway.

And remember, Americans think the British accent is cool. Speak loudly when there are ladies nearby.

16. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of makes me glad that I'm turning 50 in a few months and that era is behind me. During my clubbing days, it was $12 cover and and frequently was open bar all night. Of course, it wasn't Vegas, but was still fun for everyone. The prices that are mentioned above blow my mind. The typical expense of my entire trip, with hotel, airfare, car rental, meals and shows costs less than one night at a club, apparently. I'm just not sure how people can afford this anymore, unless it's divided up by a group. Maybe those credit card balances are just creeping up? (scratching my head in puzzlement)

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottle-service is the only way to go in the big-clubs these days... yes... it's expensive, but you're not buying the booze, you're renting real-estate and service. I much prefer splitting a tab among 4-6 of us, having a prime location to party and be served during the party "period" than wandering around after fighting the crowd at the bar for drinks. No it's not for everyone and truth be told, I only go a couple times a year these days when I can scare-up a couple friends willing to split the costs, but we ALWAYS have a great time!

18. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What has always stopped me from getting bottle service is that most of my friends do not drink (or do not drink much), so I would inevitably be left to polish off these $500 bottles on my own, lol.

19. VIP UNLTD

VIP UNLTD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottle service pricing is based on a number of things:
    1. popilarity of the club: the bigger, the better, the more it will cost.
    2. Performance: is Deadmau5 performing? Wycleff Jean, The Black Eyed Peas? get prepared to pay through your nose.
    3. They include the cost of entry ( 1 person entry is usually $20, unless it's a special event/holiday in which case it's then between $40 and $100)
    expedited entry (skipping the line is usually double, so another $20)
    Pour costs: calculate what the individual shots in the bottle would cost if they were poured at the bar (eg: the average 750ml bottle can produce aprox 20 -25 shots X by the average shot being $10 inside a club = $200 - $250)
    Plus: (what most people fail to recognize) is a phrase borrowed from real estate that clubs love to use to inflate their bottle pricing:
    Location, location, location: your proximity to the dj booth, the dancefloor, the bar, to other high end people are all factored in to a bottles price.

For example the minimum spend at XS for front row tables on NYE will be $10k per booth ( great if you got 20 people pitching in with you, are a multi millionaire, or planning to kill yourself after the evening thus canceling out all your debts) but otherwise it's a bit pricy. the hilarious part is that there are people with more money than brains who will have no problem forking over that kind of cash ( you've probably seen them wearing $300 jeans)
    Hell the new club at MGM Hakkasan has a booth in it that cost $6million dollars to build, you think their giving that spot away for a $500 bottle? hell no!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.