1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

planning LV trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jtroman, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtroman

jtroman Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering how far in advance should i book my hotel/airfare? I plan on going one year from now October 2013 first time going never been i wanna make sure im on the strip for sure and im leaning towards aria, bellagio, Paris or mgm thanks for all the help.

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably as little early for airfare.

Generally I start looking 6 months out. As I am from Canada the taxes on flights are killer so when I find a good deal I book (I have a good idea of what a good flight price would be from where I am so when it gets there I book.)

Generally, flight prices are not going to get less expensive the closer you get. That used to be the airline industry...but not anymore. Most flights are full if not overbooked, so waiting for last minute cost more. The airlines figure those who wait last minute are those that have to travel on those dates so the prices increase significantly.

same is true for hotels. I have never stayed at the hotels you are interested in but as a rule of thumb the closer you get to the dates the more expensive it will be. Also if there is a convention on during your preferred dates, then you will want to book sooner for a better price. 3 months out probably isn't too soon.

Sometimes you can get a better price doing a flight and hotel package...sometimes the packages are way more expensive than if you would piece it together yourself, so try pricing out both ways.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 months top.

We do 2 months, sometimes one month.

Just too many things going on in life that can change up stuff. Only airline I now that will give you a break if changing flights/dates is Southwest. The rest screw you over.

Most hotels allow you to cancel and rebook right up to the last minute. Never hurts to book those.

Want to save money? Keep an eye on dates that are more expensive than others. $150 room on the strip can vary from $70 to $300 in a matter of days.

4. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    airfare EARLY

Hotel - depends...

alot of hotel drastically drop rates 2 moths , 1 month, even days before your arrival.

i would suggest book now and watch the fluctuation of rates. Most if not all hotels will allow you to price adjust the rate, just call them up and let them know that their rates have gone down and they should adjust the price.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with the others and will add that its not too early to start planning an itinerary. :beer:

6. jtroman

jtroman Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What hotel did you stay at and you enjoyed

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Varies

air--ASAP, prices nearly always go up; if you can book SWA, if the price drops you can get a credit for a future flight for the difference

hotel--go ahead & book the hotel & room you want now--REFUNDABLE. Then keep your eyes & ears open & rebook if you can. I just rebooked our March Madness trip for this March. I have been known to rebook SEVERAL times before a trip.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4-6 weeks out for airfare. anybody telling you to book this early is wrong. they have only full-fare tickets available this early. they don't open the cheaper fares until closer to the date. you'll see nothing but high prices if you look for next year.

hotel, book whenever you find something you like as those are always cancelable if you find something better later.

but your best option is to forget about your trip for at least 6-8 months. if you start obsessing about everything right now and spend an entire year planning your trip, you'll only disappoint yourself when your trip is finally over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.