1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Garth Brooks Ends at Wynn

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dean Martin, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an e-mail from Wynn that Garth's final shows will be in Oct and Nov. We saw it and although good, I was a little disappointed it was more of a documnetary of his musical life than it was a concert. I'm actually more interested in what/who will take his place in that theatre. I'd love to see it become an intimate concert venue.

Here's the link if you want to see him:

http://www.visitwynn.com/final_garth_shows/

2. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that email also. I was a bit suprised to hear his contract is already up. It has gone very fast. I was at his opening weekend performance and thought it was the best concert I have ever been to. I would love to see him again.

:beer::beer::beer:

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kel, it makes me wonder if he changed up the show over the years? When we saw it, most of the songs he did were by artists that influenced him and only did a few of his own songs.

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder. He did play some songs by other artists but mostly played his own. Never the full song though. Hubbie was like "how do you know the words to every single one of his songs?" Listened to his CD's too many times I guess, lol.

I would think though, he would change things up just to keep it interesting for him to keep doing it. Even though he only played 8 shows a month, it has still got to be stressful to fly to Vegas, many times after one of his daugher's sporting events, do two shows that night, another two shows the following and then fly home. I would want to switch things up, haha

What I didn't appreciate and why I never went back, is when Steve Wynn increased the ticket price to something ridiculous. It has always been Garth's intention to keep the ticket prices low in order to allow everyone to see him. I wonder how that got away from him during contract negotiations.

:beer::beer::beer:

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question.... Maybe that's why there is no renewal because as of June he when we first saw him, was still selling out. We didn't have to purchase our tickets but I agree about the price. I wouldn't have paid the current price but then I'm not a die hard fan either.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.