1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys Room- upgrade options??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MTShooter, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could someone please share with me the room options at Ballys? I understand N Tower is more recently renovated and generally nicer, though S Tower, in general, offers better Strip views. What I am wondering is what room type or specifically, what to request as an upgrade? Currently booked into a comped S Tower room, but would love if could score a great upgrade. BTW, will be staying Mon Nov 5-Fri Nov 9 if that has any bearing... my research says is not a lot happening conventionwise that week. Any tips on what to ask for? Thanks!

2. shawn s

shawn s Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try asking for a grand suite. They have jetted tubs, separate vainities, and steam showers. We have upgraded a few times now, and paid 50 dollars a night upcharge on a comp room. This last trip we got a celebrity suite with a wet bar, fridge , separate living and dining space, and way too many places to sit for two people. It is actually two separate rooms. One room was bed and hot tub/ dual vainities,steam shower and toilet. The other had a half bath and the other stuff. Both rooms had floor to ceiling wall to wall widows. The decor is dated, but the room was very clean and spacious. Not sure it was worth the 150 a night, but we enjoyed it.

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had that suite about a year and a half ago, and I was appalled. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Yes, it is large. But that is all I can positively say about it. The old nasty whirlpool bathtub in the middle of the room with peeling fixtures, the small shower room with popping tile, the itty bitty toilet room ... Yes, it had two vanities, but the 80's bulbs all around the woman's mirrors literally got so hot just while I was putting on makeup, my lipstick melted while still in the tube. G-d help anyone that left these on for any length of time. There are mirrored walls on each side of the tub, one side is closets and the other side just a fake wall. Oh yeah, you could see the fountain if you stand at the far end of the window and stretch your neck.

What made it even worse, was seeing the rooms we got comped for other people right next door. Totally updated and modern, flat screen tv, etc.

Unless you want to be in a 70/80's time warp, I wouldn't recommend these, lol. I can't believe they haven't updated them since we stayed there.

For as little as I am in the room, I would much rather have a nice, updated room

:beer::beer::beer:

Btw, I have no idea how that thumbs down icon got in there, tried editing it, but can't lol.

4. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too just returned from Bally's. I was upgraded to a Grand Suite, and I too think it is ready for an update. It was very spacious, and ours was very clean but very dated. I did use the tub to soak my feet in cold water after a day of walking all over but that was it. I know they have a 2 level suite because my son had one. It has a downstairs sitting room, with full bar and bathroom also. upstairs is bedroom, and jetted tub. It was very nice and it became our hangout room for a large group before heading out at night. They paid for their room though not sure they are offered as comps, or if they give free upgrade to them.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this the South Tower or North Tower. I didn't realize ANY of the rooms at Bally's were updated.

I'm not sure of the name of the suite I stayed in, but a few years ago, I had a south tower room comp booked, and it wasn't available when I got there so they offered me a south tower suite for $20 a night. I took it.

Big single room, old TV, tub right in the room, but up a step. It was dated, but clean.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a North tower junior suite on a diamond floor. has a nice view directly towards Flamingo and caddy corner over to Caesars. Could also see way up North.

7. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone stayed in the Pet Stay rooms?
    I can get comped online for a room in the South Tower or a room at a Pet Stay room in the North Tower.

I am NOT bringing a dog, but I thought I read on here somewhere that the Pet Stay rooms are pretty much as good as the others and maybe a bit more spacious than the standards. I also like the idea of being in the North Tower as I think that would have better views.

Does anyone know what the views in the North Tower are compared to the South Tower? And are the Pet rooms clean and non-dog-scented, or is it like staying in a kennel?

Thanks.

8. GoingBroke777

GoingBroke777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there 2 weeks ago. We had a North Tower room, 2013, and it was extremely nice and had a view of a bit of Caeser's, Bill's, Flamingo, and hotels on north.

10. MTShooter

MTShooter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! Sounds like an odd # room in s tower should be a south strip view, and to ask for a suite. Looking forward to Vegas trip # 2 this year! Whoo Hoo!

11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    North Tower was renovated in 2004

More than likely they will automatically put you in the north tower, without you even asking, if there is availability.
    The reno is decent--neutral decor, still huge rooms. Ask for a room NOT facing Flamingo--it can be noisy.

12. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .."it can be noisy"

I find that part of the charm, the sirens and the general cacophony (LOL, I had to look up how to spell that word)

:beer::beer::beer:

13. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our room in april faced the Flamingo, I didn't hear a peep.

14. dubcnote

dubcnote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. They didn't offer me the free upgrade. They sent me to a south tower room which was unbelievably bad. It was so old and gross. I went to the front desk and requested a north tower room. They gave me their bit about $20/night put I could get it for $10/night. I took it. I just wanted out of the tacky south tower room.

The north tower room was indeed much nicer than the south tower room, but it was definitely not luxurious. It still felt kind of old and dingy but not nearly as bad as the south tower room.

Another couple in our party had the exact same reservation type/price as mine. They checked in shortly after me and got a north tower room free of charge.

15. PSL Sue

PSL Sue Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's comp in December

I used to go to Vegas a couple times a year but haven't been there for about 5 years now. I was surprised I could still get some comps from Harrah's. I am going in December and have been given a free room for Sat/Sun and $15 for Monday at Bally's South Tower. Never stayed there but for the price I guess I don't care if the room is a bit worn. I figure mid December might even bring me an upgrade. I need 2 beds so I guess I'll just try for a room in the North Tower.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure

How the north tower feels old & dingy...only an 8 year old reno.

We have occasionally done a south tower. Dated? Very. Gross? Nope, clean & large, with great strip views.

17. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fyi for anyone interested. If you are taking your laptop, internet connection is $13.99/day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.