1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cheaper/Better than Imperial Palace? Please Help

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mastavic, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastavic

mastavic Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, I hope you're well.

My friends and I are planning to book two rooms at Imperial Palace for either 1/19/2013 and 1/20/2013, or 1/26/2013 and 1/27/2013.

For the first set, the price comes out to be $159.03 all taxes and fees, and the second set's price is $116.48.

I'm wondering if we can get better rooms at around the same rate, or cheaper rooms at around the same quality.

It's my girlfriend's first time in Las Vegas, and I'd rather find a better hotel, if possible. However, I have to consider that we'll be going with a group of friends, so I can't make too many individual decisions.

Thank you!
    Vic

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  2. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a Total Rewards players card? If you do, you usually get better rates on their website.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  3. mastavic

mastavic Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for replying!

That would be for Caesars? I'll ask my friends right away, but I don't think anyone does, as we do not go to Vegas often.

4. mastavic

mastavic Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, one of my friends does have that card, actually.

5. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mastavic,

have the owner of the card, create an online Total Rewards account...if they havent already. then once the account is set up...have them search CET properties thru their account on the the TR homepage. even though they have not used the card much, being a TR member and booking thru the TR page...you may get a better rate/offer at one of the better CET properties...worth a try.

6. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mastavic, just so I understand, you're saying it's $159.03 for the two rooms?

7. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to stay on the strip, I doubt that you will find cheaper rates than the IP. Remember, there is a reason why the rates are so cheap. Check out the downtown hotels if you don't mind staying downtown.

Yes, you can surely find a better hotel than the IP. Check out Harrah's, The Flamingo and Bally's for mid-strip and the Excalibur on the north end. They are all on the low end of the price scale. It depends on how much you want to spend.

If you have someone in your group who is coming the Las Vegas for the first time, try to find something better the IP. I have stayed at the IP many times, and I have no problem with the place, but it is not the place for a first time Vegas visitor. Especially with the construction.

Look at the list of hotels on this site and go to their websites and check out their deals. Also, sign up for their e-mail alerts for special deals. I just got a e-mail from Treasure Island for a deal of something like $45.00/night. That's a pretty good deal. Also, remember many hotels have resort fees that you need to figure into the price.

8. mastavic

mastavic Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, it's $159.03 for each room for two nights. I should have been clearer. We would like to get two rooms for two nights, but the $159.03 is the price for just one room.

9. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mastavic, go to smartervegas.com and punch in your date of January 19. Sort the list of offers by price and then scroll down to the first listing for Flamingo. Follow that offer (offer code: IFNF8). I punched in your dates of $165.76 including taxes. That's more expensive than IP, but the rooms and property should be noticeably nicer. Rates for January 26 and 27 are the same. Perhaps if your friend checked the rates with her Total Rewards account, she might get an even better price.

Using the first code listed for Excalibur, I get a total price of $148.96 for January 19 and 20 (however, there is a $15/day resort fee).

So, play around with some of the offers on smartervegas.com to see if you can score a deal.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try this link

I see a better rate for IP for the 2nd weekend for sure. Also some cheap rates for Harrah's, Flamingo, or Rio.

11. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody should EVER pay over $100 for two nights at IP. Ever! I must say that's a horrible deal. That also includes a Sunday night if I'm not mistaken.

12. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, if it is over a weekend, this isn't all that uncommon.

As you can see, you can find a bit cheaper OR a bit nicer, but likely not both. IP has a great central location, and is a bare bones accommodation. Safe, clean. If you are planning on spending any time in the room other than to sleep/shower, you would be wise to at least choose Harrahs or Ballys north tower (which I would recommend right now w/ construction near Harrahs/IP). IP is fine, but certainly nothing special. The reason IP is still there is that it serves a purpose--it is cheap & has a great location.

13. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    total rewards

i paid an average $33 11 nights this sept /oct by joining total rewards online.
    this included all taxes.:wink2::beer:

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are willing to be off the strip, you could stay at Terribles which is 2 bus stops from the strip and they pick you up at the airport for free. The room are decent with a 42 in. plasma.

15. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually the 3rd stop will put you on the side of Caesars.

16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might also be worth checking the Super 8 at Ellis Island (Koval Ln). They have some great rates sometimes. It is an easy & very safe walk in the daytime. At night I would probably want to at least walk in pairs, although I have never had a problem. However, it is just that - a Super 8 - and is not on the strip.

You can also book IP now - you will only be charged one nights room rate. (As long as you are booking a refundable rate). Then keep checking the rates. If they go down, just call & have it adjusted.

17. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were running a huge LINQ construction sale over the summer/fall and that is probably why you got in so cheap. I think they were having alot of trouble even getting to half capacity because people were worried about the construction.

18. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re:

You posted that you all were wanting to go to LV on 1/19 - 1/20 or 1/26 - 1/27. That would have you arriving on Saturday for both of those dates. Is this correct, or are you arriving on Friday?:confused2:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.