1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Airport Check-In

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by imderekpoe, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My apologies in advance. I'm sure this has been covered in here before but my ability to use the search function seems to be minimal at best (yes - its a personal problem!)

We're staying at the MGM Grand in a few weeks for the first time. We had a room at PH booked, but got an offer (1st ever) for 3 comp nights, plus pretty cheap for the rest of the week so we switched. Can we use the aiport check-in for a comped offer? Are the lines shorter at McCarren than they would be at the MGM (we're arriving around 10:30 AM)? Are the odds better or worse for the $20 trick??

I also noticed that they have shuttle service and baggage service fron the airport. It says the shuttle is $7 per person (one way), which for 2 of us seems like it would be close to the cost of cabbing it. Does anyone know what the baggage service costs, and do they deliver to your room or just to the valet?

2. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call me crazy, but I actually like checking in at the hotel....I almost have a sense of "my vacation starts now" and I would imagine perhaps your $20 would work best on site where the room statuses are most up to date. I have a lot of younger memories at MGM....I really do love that place.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the airport still have MGM checkin? I recall using it once in the past and it was much faster than waiting in the line at the hotel. I also used the CET checkin at the airport once or twice (I think it is also gone) and it was much, much faster than the hotel

I Need Spa
  4. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your a INVITED guest so you actually have a special line at the hotel.......now with that said......stop at the Airport MGM Check In first.....usually no one there.....if no line check in there....if for some strange reason there is a line go to the hotel......as I said, INVITED GUEST have a special line at the hotel...HOWEVER, it's usually only ONE and that can be filled with other invited guest...

I have found checking in at 10:30am is almost impossible to get a "free" upgrade.....but you can try.....as far as it working best in the hotel....not from my experience....our BEST $20 trick upgrade came from the airport check in but it was late at night when almost everyone had already checked in for the day.....early in the morning they are trained to get folks to PAY for a upgrade.

5. Kdog59

Kdog59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the MGM checkin at the airport is a nice option I will share my experience last year. There was no line and the personnel at the desk at the airport were very nice and accomodating. They gave us a strip view room on an upper floor and everything went smooth. We then decided to take the $7 dollar shuttle which was right outside.

On the shuttle we were bombarded with a sales pitch for a time share and tours. Althought the ride was short it was not the way I wanted to start my tirp. Then we went directly to our room and found it occupied. So we had to go back down to the desk at the hotel and stand in line again to get a new room.

By trying to save time we ended up wasting alot of time. Everyone with MGM was nice about the mix-up, but we still lost the time. It ended up being a clumsey way to start our trip.

6. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to check in last Wed (my flight arrived at 10:15 a.m.) the woman just looked at me, even before I took anything out, and said my room was not ready and I should proceed to the hotel. I think it's $12 for them to deliver your bag to your room. I grabbed my bag, took a cab (no waiting), went shopping with my cab driver, and got to the Signature with no line for check-in.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Customer Service at its finest.

Basically, she said she was not going to bother spending any of her valuable time dealing with a stupid customer. At 10:30 on a Wed morning, they surely had a few rooms ready. Not sure how she knew YOUR room was not ready as you had not even given your name.

Geez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.