1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fare War for DEN Denver SW, UAL & Frontier

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DEN is the best city for airfare as United, Frontier and SW have declared war to see who owns this market. It might be worthwhile to go thru DEN to get a good fare but It is worth looking into IMHO. Good luck.

2. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I'm going through DEN for the first time in December..on Frontier. There was a war going on at CAK to looks like SWA won as Frontier has pulled out and moved up the road to Cleveland.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denver fares are very date specific. Since I always fly out of there, I spend a lot of time checking the fares. It can drop as low as $200 round trip, but can get much higher on busy weekends.

One weekend it was actually cheaper to fly out of C Springs to Salt Lake City then it was direct from DEN to LV, but that's unusual.

Look at your times during the day, as the SW flights especially vary hugely depending on the hour of the day you want to fly (United tends to be kind of standard for the day.)

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw where Southwest just opened a crew base and line maintenance operations in Denver. I don't think this bodes too well for Frontier.

5. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, fares from Denver to Las Vegas are a little on the high side. I just checked for mid-December; $182 RT. Not horrible, but I like to book when it's $150 or less.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frontier just got a big deal to fly extra flights to DC from Denver. People swear by Frontier out here -- I don't think it's going anywhere.

7. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, Mike. They also do a lot of business flying from Denver to various popular beach destinations in Mexico. :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.