1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport slots - your experiences?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by eloisegirl, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went with a friend to Vegas Sept 26-29 - we exited the plane and saw slots - so my friend put in a hundred and hit for one thirty-five on the first hit. I said, cash out now cuz we have to get luggage and meet the shuttle. But that was a great hit!

On the way home, we went to the little smoking/gambling lounge in Terminal 3 near Gate E2 after getting some adult beverages to go. (Why aren't all airports this delightful?) I sat down at a Day of the Dead game, put in ten bucks rather halfheartedly, and proceeded to play for an hour and a half on that money. I had some great hits, 48.20, 60.60, and 45.20, and ended up leaving with 126.95. Man, if only my MLife card worked!

Have other people had luck at the airport? This was the most luck I had in Vegas in terms of big hits. Would love to read about similar experiences. I did not expect to have such luck.

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A guy I know here in MN hit $3500 years ago. He said he couldn't find someone to pay him out and missed his flight. He said he didn't mind one bit and spent an extra night in town and flew out the next day.

On a side note, the Vikings were looking for a way to fund a new stadium. I brought up the idea of putting slots into the MSP Int'l APO with friends that have been to Vegas and use proceeds from that to fund a stadium, and everyone agreed. Quit putting taxes on people and do something like this to fund stadiums.

3. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting in D gates for our flight, my mom decides to look for some slots to play. I see her wandering around for a cheap machine. Not even a minute later she comes walking back to where we are sitting.

She shows me a TITO for $48.00 and says she put in $10 and played only 3 spins. It took us longer to get paid than it took her to win.

4. BJK5692

BJK5692 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in 2007, I was in the D gates waiting for my flight, and decided to kill time playing some slots. I put $20 in a Triple Double Cherry $0.25 machine, and walked away with the jackpot of $1,975.00. From that day on, I always play for awhile while waiting for a flight. Have had a few good ones since then, but not another jackpot.....yet!!!!

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had one good 4OAK while waiting for the plane, that's the only biggie over 30-some years.

A friend of ours, first time to LV, put a singular dollar into a machine by the bag claim and it hit for $20. Needless to say she was hooked. :)

6. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had no luck with those machines - 1 last contribution to the Nevada economy...

But I have a friend who won over $1000 on WOF quarter machine and ended up breaking even on the trip as a result.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once we get to the airport, we are done gambling until the next trip.

A couple of "cheap" drinks at Fox Sports Bar in terminal B, or Tequilelra in terminal C is all we require prior to boarding.:beer:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a cancelled flight, I won $148 waiting for the next available flight out. It turned out to be a 4 hour delay. So I sat there for 3 hours waiting, because I didn't want to put my win back into the machine. It sure was a long and boaring 3 hours.

9. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've hit 4 of a kind on 25 cent VP twice in Terminal C....maybe it was B. Whichever Southwest commonly flies to from Midland.

10. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a younger guy in my local pub here in Chicago called Raymond's in Wrigleyville. After years the place was closing and I finally talked to the guy and asked why he was always in there. He said he was retired. At 30. I jokingly asked if he won the lottery and he said no, he hit the progressive on .25 Wheel of Fortune at the airport waiting to go home and now he just lives off that money. So yes you can win at the airport. But dont plan on it. They have the highest hold in the state!

11. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife usually wins.

12. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pulled $100 out of the $0.25 Wheel of Fortune machines last year on the way out.
    Not a bad way to end a trip.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure believe that! Talk about a captive audience, especially for departing flights.

What the marketroids ought to to is loosen them up in the bag claim area as I know that's a good place for a newbee to get totally hooked. :)

14. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put $10 in a red, white and blue 7s and on my first $2 spin got 3 7s that paid $100. Also put $10 in Twilight Zone and hit for $100. The progressive on that Twilight Zone is somewhere around $300,000. I throw it a $10 each time I leave Vegas.

15. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad hit aces w/kicker on $.25 DDB for a nice $500.00 win. I almost sat at that machine, instead played the one next to it and he sat beside. I was happy for him, but I really could used that as I was down much, much more.

16. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always like to play $20 on the machines by the baggage carousels when were waiting for our luggage. Like to think that it sets the tone for the trip if I win and if I loose I just tell myself "the slots at the airport have terrible odds" so oh well.

17. kellyols

kellyols Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always play a little waiting for the plane. Two years ago Labor day Monday I hit for $1,000.00 on a Cleopatra penny machine. This year i played the same game different machine and cashed out a $257.00 ticket. When i won the $1,000.00 the lady who you cash your ticket in asked me what machone i hit on. She said she does see that machine hit. It's better then waiting for the plane and doing nothing. Unless you are completly broke.

18. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ALWAYS hit those machines unless we just don't have time. We are so not ready to leave Vegas on any given trip that those machines are like crack to us. My luck has been so-so. I've never played them heavy. I usually throw a $20 or two maybe in them. I've lost it before and I've come out ahead before. I did like the Twilight Zone machine I discovered on our last trip. I sat at one for like 20 minutes without ever getting a bonus. So I moved over one machine and hit one after another in that same time span. I think I made $40/$50 or so on it.

19. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never play the airport slots when arriving in town but I have played some while waiting on my return flight back home.
    Can't recall any wins. I'm going to California over Thanksgiving and have to change flights in Vegas on both in/out flights.
    I'll be so close to the action yet so far away. Walking through McCarran will be tough! At least I'll be back in Dec for the real deal.

20. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put a $10 bill in......

I put a $10 bill in .....

I put a $10 bill in......

I quit......that is my luck at the airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.