1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

walk from Eastside Cannery to Sam's Town at night…safe for solo woman?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jeni921, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it safe for a solo woman to walk from the Eastside Cannery on Boulder Highway to Sam's Town around 1 am? Another question…do the shuttles from the airport go to the Eastside Cannery?

2. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be nervous if I were you.

3. Clarkson7

Clarkson7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not take that walk (solo) man or woman at that early morning time--have walked it in afternoon.

4. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replys! I have already changed my reservation to the Eastside Cannery thru Priceline….when I called the EC they said they were sold out. Paid more for the night, but it is worth the peace of mind for not walking alone out there at night.

Does anyone know if the Bell Trans runs from the airport to the Eastside Cannery?

5. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why are you staying way out There? that's not really vegas you know?

6. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just one night at EC…long story. Next day move to Orleans for 6 nights with friends.

7. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on the late night walk being sketchy. I do it at those late hours, but my street smart hackles are up.

I don't think a shuttle goes to Eastside Cannery, but perhaps there is one I am not aware of.

To go by city bus, go to ground zero at the airport and take the 109 North to Flamingo, then transfer and take the 202 and it will stop right at the parking lot of the Eastside Cannery. Don't take the 109 South. Wait for the 109 North.

To get to the Orleans by city bus, catch the BHX at Harmon or Nellis (or the HDX at Nellis) and take either of them to Tropicana. Then transfer to the 201. I think this requires a walk around the corner. Ride that all the way to the Orleans and you can get off at the edge of the parking lot there.

If you are going to board the 109 on your arrival at a time of day that is later than the time of day you will board the 201 for the Orleans, then buy a 24 hour pass when you board the 109 from the driver and that will cover both trips, all four legs. If you are late for the last leg, sometimes the driver will let you slide. Ask. Otherwise it will cost another $2 to ride the 201. If you are going to miss both the Boulder bus and the Orleans bus, you might just as well pay $2 for each leg of the journey. So have a bunch of singles ready. $2 will get you from the airport to Flamingo. $2 more will get you from Maryland on Flamingo to East Side Cannery. $2 will get you along Boulder highway (follow the directions in the vending machine on the bus) and $2 will get you from Boulder to the Orleans. On three of the legs you can buy directly from the driver.

If you buy a 24 hour pass, have $5 in exact change (not a ten or twenty dollar bill) ready to put in the driver's box and ask for a 24 hour residential pass. Then just swipe the pass on the 201 and the Orleans 201. Have the pass ready to show on the Boulder Highway bus to an inspector if one asks to see it.
    It is a good bit easier to ride the Boulder Highway buses if you have purchased a pass from a driver of another route. The machine on the bus selling tickets is quirky and if you don't follow the directions exactly, it will take your money and not give you the ticket you want. With a 24 pass from the driver on the 109, you just wait to be inspected or not on the Boulden highway bus.

8. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dewy, thanks for the bus information. I will likely just get a cab since I will be strapped with heavy luggage…I guess it's a woman thing! L

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, probably best to call the shuttle companies to find out if they go to boulder highway hotels. I think I had friends take the shuttle to sams town but not sure if they took the airport shuttles or just the sams town shuttle (took it from harrahs to sams town, but that was during the day).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.