1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Am I being too cheap?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LuckyDuckyDan, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming back to :nworthy: THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD :nworthy: for 4 nights - Sunday through Wednesday nights - in the middle of October.

I have 3 free days at Main Street Station that I plan on using. I love that place. The 3 free nights are valid anytime through my stay, but must be taken consecutively (Sun-Tues nights or Mon-Weds nights)

For the 4th night, I have a few CET options - I gave CET a few hours of $25 blackjack/Pai Gow once at IP while waiting for a friend.

The Options are:

• A free night at IP Sunday*
    • A free night at IP Wednesday
    • A $19 night at PHo Wednesday

*I have preemptively booked this option.

Am I being too cheap? The $20 (CET - so no resort fee) certainly wouldn't kill me. My last 4 trips have cost me absolutely nothing between the flight & hotel and I seem to be unable to make the decision.

Is PHo $20 better than a free IP? Should I hold the IP reservation and wait 2-3 weeks to see if any last-minute COMP properties show up and pounce then?

Yes, I'm insane. All these decisions are half the fun! :beer:

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you use the TR rate calendar to view by month and see your comped rooms, or did you just use those stupid email offers? You may have free rooms mid-week at PHo if you used the first choice.

I would stay at PHo over IP any day, even for $20 more, but that is just me.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    take ph any day .unless you do this ,are flying in late or trying to flip the time zone then crash at ip and move on.its a mess there

4. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mailed offers?:nono: This is on the calendar. The only way to fly.

Oh. I'm a 32 year old man travelling without the wife :Þ

Since she still :kiss::blowkiss: and very little :cry:, I'm more interested in :poker: than I am in being :wink2:

I like emoticons far more than I should for a 32 year old man.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No such thing as too cheap. Its all about what you value. And if you've stayed at IP and like it go nuts.

If it was up to me, I'd pay the $19 for PH. But I recognize that the first paid dollar for a room feels like way more than a dollar.

And yes, I'd look for last minute comps. It is already a bit surprising you'd see $19 at PH, and only get comps at IP.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelling without the wife, I take the cheap room.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fo free i might stay the IP on Sun then doing Mon- Wed at MSS. QUALIFIER! : If the amenities mean a lot to ya consider Sun -Tues at MSS and then Stay at the PH and make sure ya USE the amenities at PH!

8. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    definitely take PH for $20. I would never stay at the IP anyway. Add on to it all of the construction in and around that hotel, this is a no brainer.

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I would stay on the Strip my LAST nite.
    PH on the Wed. for $20.
    I love MSS, as well.
    Whatever you decide ?.....you're lucky to be in VEGAS !!!!

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PH for $20

12. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have PH for $19, you might check Bally's and see if it's comped too. Usually cheaper than PH. Paris often is cheaper than PH as well.

If it were me, I'd spring for two days at PH and only use two of the free nights at MSS. And I'm [STRIKE]cheap[/STRIKE] frugal on my Vegas trips. I like MSS but three days of their bathroom would do me in....

13. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood anyday over IP. $20 well spent.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are not too big about changing and want to stay put, I am thinking a all into them and they may add a 4th night.

15. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either would work if it were me, though I may take the IP simply because I like the location. Then again if those are your offers, you may be able to get something from other properties in the Ceasars family like Harrah's, Flamingo and Bally's.

16. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this advice wholeheartedly. It's worked for me before at MSS no problem. I would think it would work for you especially since it's during the week.

17. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay the $20 for PH because you will pay your doctor more than $20 for a Tetnus shot after you stay at IP......:thumbsup:

18. Motorhead

Motorhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take P-HO for $20. I'd be a little concerned about LINQ construction nouse @IP. I love the cheap sandwiches @earlofsandwich in PHO. Party Pit parade @pho @8pm is always nice. Rooms at pho are much nicer.

19. vinyldoctor

vinyldoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone gave me a free vacation package for 1 week all paid at the Monicito and I cant find the damn place anywhere.

20. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if I could get a room for free, it would be hard to justify "paying" anything for a room somewhere else. In this case though, the $20 would already be spent. I use to recommend IP as a good cheap place to stay, and I've stayed there plenty myself but it has been many years. I've gotten spoiled with nicer rooms and properties. Plus with all the construction at IP, you may want to avoid that completely. You didnt' say anything about how much a room would be at MSS though. Did you check with them? Maybe after 3 nights you would qualify/earn for the 4th night to be comped? I do agree with Sunday night being the one night to stay elsewhere(if you have too) so that you wouldn't have to move that last night. Still, you would think you could get comped at Harrah's, or Bally's for 1 night if your getting $20 a night at PH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.