1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When to Book?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mike40, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike40

Mike40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip is getting closer by the day and we are starting to feel like we should make a decision on booking somewhere to stay.......

We are arriving March 17th 2013 for 25 nights. Flights are booked and paid for, bankroll stuffed under the bed in neat daily amounts with food money in a seperate bankroll. We watch the exchange rate daily and buy US Dollars as the rate peaks and the holiday fund has money in it. :cool:

Now we have done some research but deals seem thin on the ground at the moment for our trip. We have had an offer from the Jockey Club for the whole 25 nights of $2760 inc taxes. One bed suite with a fountain view guaranteed. Is this good? Should we grab it while the offer is there or risk holding out for a better deal elsewhere? :confused:

Unfortunately although we regularly visit Las Vegas, coming from the UK we get no free room offers although we spend more than most ordinary USA citizens visiting during our stay. Nearly all our money stays in Vegas!!!:rolleyes2:

Don't really want to stay off strip, we have done an extended trip Downtown and spent most of the time on the bus to and from the strip.

Any advise would be gratefully looked at........:cheers:

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your room rate is refundable if you cancel then I suggest booking now and continuing to look. I'm pretty sure that the Jockey Club is a time share property, not sure if that would be a concern for you. If you wanted to save money doing a few days off strip the Gold Coast and the Orleans have a free shuttle that would drop you center strip at Bill's. It won't take any where near as long as the bus from Downtown.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think some of your decision rests on how comfortable you are 'winging it.' If you want everything set before you leave, then book it. But you could have a lot of fun with 25 nights just playing things by ear.

There are two things that could work in your favor. First, if you concentrated your play at one or two properties the first 3 days, you could likely parlay that into an offer when you 'return' two weeks later. Just put your play in that you'd normally play, then on day 3, walk into the hosts office and talk to someone and tell them that you'll be back in town in 2 weeks, and what can they do for you? Depending on your play, you can probably score rooms at a minimum. You could repeat the same process day 4-6, changing corporations (play MGM the first 3 days, CET the next 3) and maybe have your entire last week comped. This is all contingent on you playing at a level that would merit free rooms, of course.

The second thing you could do is walk into hotels the night you want to stay, and see what rate they will give you. Especially during the week, I've known people to have success getting better than advertised rates by walking in at the last minute and negotiating. If a room is going to sit empty anyway and you show up at 9pm, cash in hand, you can probably work out some pretty nice rooms for some pretty nice prices.

It's certainly an adventurous way to live -- not sure I could do it. Then again, if I was in vegas for 25 straight days I'd be dead, so I wouldn't need a room at the end.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.