1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Steakhouse Question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by johnvic, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Strip House twice and was very happy. The friend that's going to Vegas with me this time went to Strip House went with me once before and loved it. He wants to go again, I like to try new things. I don't want to go super high end because of money. We are already planning an old school steak night downtown at Binions. But the strip located steakhouse will be our first night on Friday.

Any suggestions for similar steakhouses price-wise and quality to Strip House on the strip? I like dry aged and not into sauces on my steak.

Thanks! I'm getting hungry just thinking of Vegas.

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on your criteria, I would recommend Gallagher's, which is around the same price point.

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cool, thanks!

4. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sensi at the Bellagio has remarkably good steaks. I'm not saying it's better than Prime.... just saying if I was on a budget I may do Sensi.

5. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico's is very good as well. About the same price point as Strip House. It all depends how and what you order.

Price Comparison for some typical menu items and as you can see they are very similar in price and quality IMO

New York Strip
    Strip House $48
    Delmonicos $46

Creamed Spinach
    Strip House $13
    Delmonicos $9

Strip House Goose Fat Potatoes $11
    Delmonicos Roasted Fingerling Potatoes $11

Delmonico's Menu
    http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/delmonico-steakhouse/menus?menu=dinner

Strip House Menu
    http://www.striphouse.com/menus-and-food/las-vegas-dinner-menu

6. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're as into dry-aging as I am, you'll want a place that dry ages most or all of their steaks - and doesn't just have one or two token dry-aged steaks on the menu [if you ask me, the places that dry age all their meat just do it better] - a lot of the "top" steakhouses in Vegas [Prime, SW, etc]. serve mostly or all wet-aged steaks, so it's best to read carefully before picking a place.

Carnevino and Delmonico in Palazzo/Venetian both dry age, as do Old Homestead in Caesars and The Steakhouse in Circus Circus.

Given you're looking for an old school experience, I'd look into the steakhouse at Circus Circus - although I've yet to get there personally, I know they dry age their steaks on premises, and there's a lot of folks on this board who swear by it so much so that although I long ago vowed never to set foot in Circus Circus again, I might actually give it a try myself just because of its reputation.

Which - speaking of for any of the Circus Circus steakhouse afficianados that might read this - Circus Circus is MGM, right? I assume if I do decide to try their Express Comps on the meal? [God knows I have enough of them]

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CC is owned by MGM, but isn't part of Mlife, so i doubt they take ECs. but i'm sure you can get a hard comp from your host.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Circus Circus is not an MLife property

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm leaning towards Delmonicos. I've been to Gallaghar's and enjoyed it but want to try something new. When I mentioned CC to my buddy he was clearly not into it, lol.

10. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll be happy with Delmonico then. If its anywhere near as good as when I ate there years ago, you will be very happy.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while, but Delmonicos is delicious! Loved the caesar salad they make at your table.

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks - guess we won't be going then. I'm looking to blow some express comps while we're staying at Palazzo next trip - plus I doubt I'd bother my host for a hard comp at Circus Circus :evillaugh

13. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mastros at crystals gets my vote. I am not a fan of
    Eating in a shopping mall but the steaks are top notch.
    Furthermore, the seafood has got to be the best in town.
    Butter cake, I need not say another word.

14. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonicos is great, you won't be disappointed. Both the bone in ribeye and the tenderloin are amazing. Get the bone in ribeye if your real hungry, or the tenderloin if your wanting something lighter. My mouths watering just thinking about these steaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.