1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to eat outside when on the Strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Joe, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To those of you familiar with my posts, you know we are downtown people. Now nobody get insulted, but just to remind us of why we like downtown & Fremont Street and don’t like the Strip, we double booked a comped room at Harrah’s for one night.

I’ve got a rental and figured we’d drive to the Strip, park at Harrah’s, get a little s*hit faced and not worry about driving back downtown.

Now we are deciding where to go eat outdoors. Mon Ami Gabi seems to be the overwhelming favorite on this board. A little background…before our trip to Seattle, I would have never thought I would have enjoyed eating outside on a busy street, with street & pedestrian traffic. In fact every time we have walked by Mon Ami, I’ve said “who’d want to eat there, with all this traffic & people walking by?”

Okay, it only took me 60 years to wise up! It was fun in Seattle dining outside on busy streets.

If the weather that day in October is crappy, (not likely) we were thinking maybe Cantor’s Deli in TI. I love corned beef! But if you have a better suggestion for a big-ass corned beef sandwich on the Strip, I'm listening.

Any other outdoor dining options you would recommend for a late lunch? Say maybe 2-4 PM.

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, I think Mon Ami is the best choice given you plan to be working on a good fhit-saced evening. I would suggest Olive's but they cannot guarantee alfresco dining. We usually go right when they open at 11:00 in order to get a patio table.

I know this does not fit within your prerequisites/prameters but I love eating outdoors at Border Grill. I am a huge fan of viewing wildlife in its natural habitat. Mandalay Beach provides all that a boy could ask.

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd stick with Mon Ami Gabi. Make sure you get the frites (french fries) they're fantastic! If you go from 2-4 you should be able to enjoy the Bellagio fountain show from your seats during your meal. They should be on their lunch menu, and prices are reasonable; not quite downtown reasonable, but considering the location and the view, very reasonable. They have a pretty good selection of beers to get your drinking started.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nano rollers like me hit the food courts.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the patios at Olives or Prime watching the fountains can't be beat.

6. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you don't care about seeing the strip, Wynn has various outside options.

7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this recommendation.

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of places have outdoor tables beside mon ami gabi ( great choice great location)

cabo wabo
    sugar factory
    pbr rock bar
    harley davidson cafe

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's no secret that I love Mon Ami Gabi. I didn't think I'd like the outdoor dining either, but I love people watching more than I thought. :) I second the frites recommendation too.

I haven't actually been inside, so I can't speak to the quality or service, but nobody mentioned Diablo's at Monte Carlo. Is there a reason for that?

10. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two of our favorite outdoor venues are Morel's @ Palazzo and - if a golf course/waterfall view is oK, the Country Club @ Wynn [Really great ambiance at night, I actually like the patio there at night more than daytime] - food at both places is very good IMO, and Morel's serves all three meals, [and I think Sunday brunch], while Country Club does lunch, dinner & Sunday jazz brunch. Both are on the pricy side, but worth it IMO.

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it may be a mid-afternoon meal, for a lighter suggestion try Serendipity outside Caesars. Its basically snack food, but its decent, close to a couple bars, and plenty of people watching as folks traverse between Bellagio and Caesars

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  12. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too like Mon Ami, and it seems to fit your needs well. If you are farther up the strip, we had a real nice time at Strip Burger sitting outside, but it is a little further off the strip, and not as much action to observe.

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami is my choice. Sugar Factory is a great meal too, you can get that "on the strip" feel with out actually being outside too. Maybe go for breakfast before it's a million degrees outside.

Olives I thought was just ok (we couldn't even get outside..)... Remember the weather always sucks in Vegas, and I don't like the "smell" the strip emits LOL if you know what I'm talking about.

14. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

in june, we had a lovely breakfast outside at bouchon in the venezia tower at the venetian. a couple weeks ago, tried to have breakfast there, but had to move inside quickly. by october, at lunchtime, it might be pleasant outside there, but be warned they close for a time in the afternoon before dinner service, so make sure you check on their lunch times instead of arriving for a late lunch and finding they are closed.

while not outside per se, canalside at taqueria cantonita upstairs in the grand canal shops if fun.

did you post about seattle? if so, post a link, otherwise tell us all about your outside dining and sightseeing. since our daughter is living in that part of the world now, we get over there a little bit more, and though we are staying at a bnb in bellevue in about 3 weeks, we will be getting into seattle proper a couple of times, most notably for a prefunction before we make our way to the stadium for monday night football...the packers are coming to seattle and we will be there!

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll send you a PM.

16. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember the weather always sucks in Vegas, and I don't like the "smell" the strip emits LOL if you know what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

hmmm..actually I don`t remember that.

17. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Survivor, I think they are referring to the sewer gas that sometimes invades areas on the strip and downtown. I have never smelled it near Mon Ami or Olives.

18. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mmm,I love the aroma of sewer gas with my patio meal lol.

they should put in outdoor stink machines like in the venetian to cover it up.

weatherwise maybe the poster meant blazing hot a lot of the time.

19. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

It was brutal downtown a few weeks ago...several of the shops we could not even enter it was so strong.

20. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't mind people watching from above, Milo's at Cosmo has a nice $20 3 course meal. I think they serve until 3. Wine pairing and beer I thought was reasonable too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.