1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steakhouse ideas?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by heatherlovesvegas, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everytime I hit up Vegas with my parents we have a great, pricey steak dinner. Trying to think of something new this time...

We've had Stripsteak, Jean Georges, Delmonico Morels, Switch, Striphouse, The one at treasure island... and I'm sure a few others.

Any suggestions? Price isn't a huge deal, maybe not the most expensive place in Vegas haha. Well, I doubt much can be pricer than some of those I listed.

I was thinking about Gordon Ramsey... but, anything in an MGM property you can recommend? Anywhere on the strip is fine.

2. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak at the MGM. Yummy!!

4. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak (MGM) and SW Steakhouse (Wynn) have been my favorites lately.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak. Here's how much I stand by my recommendation...I have a reservation in four hours.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Steer - the Grand Daddy of 'em all. The outside is lackluster but inside is classic old Las Vegas with excellent food and service.

Bill

8. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about the steakhouse at Circus Circus it always rates high on the Best of Vegas survey from the LVRJ. The price is right or the Porterhouse that's not on the menu at the CA (downtown).

9. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hands down Craftsteak is the best steakhouse in any of the MGM properties.

10. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steak, although I had the best steak of my life at The Country Club. Both at Wynncore.

11. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Country Club is my favorite steakhouse at Wynn - we never particularly cared for SW, Switch, Botero, etc. - plus the atmosphere at Country Club can't be beat, especially if you get an outside table at night.

Of course, it's well known we're also big fans of Carnevino as well - if you're looking for something a bit different than the "typical" steakhouse, the Italian influence on the menu & cuisine make it a great choice then - plus their super long-aged 'Riserva' steaks can't be beat if you're a fan of dry aged steak.

I'm also eager to try the new Old Homestead in Caesars Palace, since I'm a regular at the one at the Borgata in AC & the food & service are always great there.

12. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite is Charlie Palmer Steak at Four Seasons.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Steakhouse at Circus or Golden Steer.
    Both old Vegas.

Ignore any misgivings about going to Circus for a meal.
    Once inside The Steakhouse, you won't have a clue you're in Circus.

Just pointing out that The Steakhouse includes sides, not ala carte.
    http://www.circuscircus.com/images/PDF/SteakhouseMenu.pdf

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  14. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMAO - you nailed it right on the head why I've never eaten there, even though I know they do their own dry aging & have a lot of dedicated followers - I just can't bring myself to set foot in Circus Circus. When we first started going to Vegas back in the 70's, my father used to always say "Circus Circus is full of snot-nosed brats & smells like elephant shit" whenever I mentioned going in there, and I guess it's always stuck with me and kept me out of the place ever since...

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the early 80s, my wife and I stayed there a few times. Rooms were OK & I loved The Steakhouse & still do to this day. Only took about 2-3 stays to get tired of the kids.:nono: Stardust became our home after that and I don't even remember the name anymore, but we loved the Mexican restaurant Stardust had back then.
    I always thought The Steakhouse was so much better than Mr B's inside Stardust.

16. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Steakhouse has always been one of my favorite places to eat, been eating there for over 20 years. I don't care for Circus Circus at all, but I go to The Steakhouse every trip.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting! I'm going to look into Craftsteak. Slightly worried because that iheartradio show is on that weekend, worried it might be a mess to even go to MGM. But, I'm sure I'm over thinking it.

I wanna eat at the Country Club too, I was thinking a brunch though. SW sounds interesting too, good location, since we are at the Trump.

I would love to try the Circus Circus one! My mom however, might be a hard sell haha. Nice that it includes stuff, I think it was $60 for a steak alone at some of the places we've been too

18. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime Steakhouse at Bellagio has been the best dining experience of my life, hands down.

19. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craftsteak. I love it, spent many an hour at the bar with quality food and drink chatting with Larry behind the bar.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fourth time eating at Craft this past Saturday...it wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Maybe it was because it was a concert night and it was packed. But we were seated so close to another couple that my wife ended up having a conversation with them and where we were seated was very loud. I ordered calimari, and it wasn't fried...it was stuffed...didn't care for it. And even my NY strip wasn't awesome. It was good. The lobster bisque was very good.

Last trip I ate at Gallaghers, and while I've always said Craft is better, this time it wasn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.