1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Improvements at Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by UKFanatic, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to acknowledge some improvements in the staff at Aria. The past four or five trips where I stayed at MGM properties, I avoided Aria because of bad experiences with the staff, particularly the hosts. And as you can see from my TR, I was still worried about persistent staff problems considering their stupid key distribution process I encountered at checkin (thanks for making me wait in line twice!). At that time, I assumed it was just more of the same from Aria. Which is too bad because I like the look and feel of the property. Anywho, I was syating on a corporate comp offer so I didn't want to complain.

But after that initial experience, the service was much better than all past visits to Aria. So time to give credit where credit is due:

*The host staff couldn't get much worse, so maybe my expectations were low, but it was definitely improved this time. A couple trips back, I stopped in to check my credit line and hopefully introduce myself to a new host. Of course, the host I introduced myself to then couldn't have cared less. he was a jerk and didn't seem to have any interest in my business. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again so on Saturday I walked in and intorcued myself to one of the hosts. Much friendlier than my last experience and she just called me an hour ago to see how my trip went (which was really above the call fo duty since she is on vacation herself this week) and offered to help me set up a return trip this winter. Much better than any previous host experience at Aria

*The dealres seemed happier to be there than the dealers I had met in the past. Not only was there the young dealer who somehow remembered me from some brief play months ago, but everyone else seemed happy to be there (which was not always my experience at Aria)

*The game supervisors were great. Actually the craps boxmen and boxwomen had always been pretty good to me in the past, but the bac supervisors went out of their way to make me feel welcome and take care of me (they must be learning from Bellagio!). In fact, last night, one of the supervisors went out of his way to find out about my past bad experiences with the host staff and make sure it didn't repeat itself (which is probably why I got the call from a host today)

*The spa staff was always good, and this trip didn't disappoint

Anywho, hopefully I'm not the only one having a better experience at this property. Certainly pleased I gave it another shot

I Need Spa
  2. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there in a few hours. Hoping for similar good vibes! My only other trip there (early spring) was pleasant, if not costly!

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope this trip is not as costly! Write us up a report. And checkin in after 3 to avoid the stupid key line :nono:

I Need Spa
  4. nameBRAND

nameBRAND Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good to hear, I thought I was the only one with bad encounters at Aria. Marketing comped a suite upgrade for our next trip because of our previous bad encounter, I just hope they follow through.

5. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a low rolling craps player and have always been treated VERY graciously at the craps table in Aria. The rest of the staff has been hit or miss.

6. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrived right about 3pm. Check-in was smooth, same room as last time (as requested). Cloudy day in the valley as seen from the 56th floor.

Dinner at Sensi tonight, then KA. At some point, I will need to hit the tables! ;)

7. dbvegas

dbvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed our stays at aria. The vip checkin is good as the other lines can get long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.