1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can't find small houses for rent in classifieds!

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by sandonny, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandonny

sandonny Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if anyone can help me. I am looking for small houses for rent in all areas of Las Vegas and there is practically nothing listed in either the Las Vegas newspaper or on Craigslist. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to find these listings? Any help would be appreciated.

2. azhockeyfan

azhockeyfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually have used vegashomes4rent.com and rentals.com. Both have a decent number of listings and good information.

Good luck in your search.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Realtor.com has a lot of Vegas Rentals.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you looking for a short term vacation rental or a longer term home for your residence?

5. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 3 rental houses in Vegas. (sorry but they are all rented longterm) I would keep looking at craig's list and then just go to a rental realtor and she can look on the MLS for rentals. I always advertise there, even though it is not cheap. I as the landlord pay them if they bring me a tenant so they should not charge you anything or very little. The landlords pay them between 250-450 for a good tenant. Rentals go fast in Vegas. 2 houses ago it took me 2 days to have a 2 year lease. But it was in the spring when people are looking more. This last house I just rented last week after being on the market about 10 days. I was getting nervous as school starts soon and I felt most people were looking to get settled by then. Ended up renting to a couple with no kids though. My houses all have pools and I pay for pool maintanence and landscape service.. Be sure what you pay for and the landlord pays for.

You say a small house. How small do you want? To be honest if you rent a house under $800 I would question the quality of the house or the neighborhood. Be careful. Research the neighborhoods. You can tell a lot just by driving around at different times of the day. Crime can and will happen everywhere but it does happen more some places than others. My last house is 2000 sq ft with the pool and all appliances and all new carpet and I only asked for $1350. Remember I furnish the pool and lawn care and HOA. So I spend close to $200 a month on the house. So their real rent isn't much more than a cheap house. Granted I think I could have been patient and got maybe $1500 but I am willing to rent for less to have more tenants to choose from and get 2 year leases. Good tenants are worth less rent.

Good luck in your search. Be prepared to act fast if you see a home you like. Good homes with good landlords go fast. FYI My first 2 houses still have the original tenants in them. I treat them nice and they treat me nice. I am lucky and happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.