1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Transit Bus options for Terminal 3

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Toronto, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, it appears some domestic carriers are moved to T3 in addition to international carriers. I always fly Westjet but haven't gone since last November.

Perhaps people who have used Terminal 3 and used the RTC transit buses can chime in here. Obviously it's not going to be as quick as it used to be for me grabbing my baggage and riding the escalator down one flight and easily accessing the buses.

So, McCarran's website says there are shuttles every 12-15 minutes between T3 and zero level of T1. Anyone know if that is 24 hours? or if they run more/less shuttles any time of day?

Also, there is some mention of a tram between T1 and T3? how often? and where in T3 are the tram and shuttle pick up areas?

Probably not practical, but I see from google maps that the 109 bus has a stop on Maryland Parkway, just north of the parking garage of T3. Though I guess there may not be an exit out of the parking garage that lines up with Maryland Pkwy. very well. If there was, I certainly don't mind jaywalking north if getting the 109 is worth it.

Is there another option simply to walk from T3 to T1? Has anyone done that?

Not sure where I'll be staying yet on my next trip but I thought that a thread like this may be helpful for those whose carriers have been moved to Terminal 3 and would still like to take the RTC.

cheers and thanks in advance for all the info that may be shared :nworthy:

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terminal 3 just opened at the end of last month and I haven't even flown into that terminal (yet) but I have been reading up on it... so let's see if I can help.
    There is no tram between Terminal 1 and Terminal 3, just the shuttle bus every 12-15 minutes. The tram you might be thinking of is the tram to the D gates from Terminal 3. From there, you "could" take the tram from the D gates to Terminal 1, but the shuttle from T3 to T1 would be a lot faster.

At Terminal 3, the shuttle bus stop is located on Level Zero in the center of the curb.
    https://www.mccarran.com/Go/Inter-TerminalShuttle.aspx

I wouldn't be surprised to see the RTC add service to Terminal 3 in the near future. I'm not sure how often they realign their routes, but I would suspect it would happen the next time they do.

3. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully you can do the scout-work for all of us "foreigners" and let us know. I'm really hoping you treat this as the Caribbean airport that it tries to be, and wander through the parking lots, busy roads, and dirt to hit Maryland! :evillaugh

Looking at Bing, it appears that the quantity of roadway isn't a big deal. Five or six lanes across three accessways. Then you hit sidewalk and a traffic-light crosswalk across Russell. 50m up Russell and you're set.

I'm guessing the challenge will be climbing the wall of the parkade. But if you walk straight towards the exit on the ground floor, the exit from the spiral ramp looks to be straight across from the Russell/Maryland intersection?

Remember it's Vegas - that's crushed rock you'll be dragging your roller suitcase(s) across. But it's like 15m total - no big deal right?

As for walking outside from T3 to T1...no. Not without an Iron Man suit. The last time I tried walking between Terminals at McCarran, I had to hitchhike back. :eek:

Bon voyage!

4. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys.

Not sure if I'll ever try walking to the 109 though. It would depend on the hotel I am booked at. Also would have to just miss the shuttle to T1 or something and check the 109 sched to see if the timing was right to walk. Also, you'd need to be able to cut through the parking garage and be able to exit relatively lined up with Maryland P. I suppose if the shuttles to T1 were packed or something it may be a consideration. Maybe someone can chime in who has taken those shuttles.

Obviously you have more bus options once you get to zero level of T1. The 108 seems to get you north to Flamingo a lot faster than the 109, which I would use if I were staying mid strip or at Rio/GC. If I stay at Fremont area then obv. I will use the WAX. I'll certainly be happy if those buses add stops at T3 though.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mean to highjack the thread, but since the 108, 109, and Flamingo have been mentioned … I'll be going from McCarran to Gold Coast next month and thought I'd catch the 108 or 109N (whichever shows up first) to Flamingo and then the 202 to GC. I'm assuming for such a short distance, it's six of one and half dozen of the other, but any differing comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. Toronto

Toronto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turtleman, the 108 will get to Flamingo a lot faster than the 109 will.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone flown into this terminal yet? Do the rental car shuttles pick up there, or will I have to go to Terminal 1?

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not flown in to Terminal 3 yet, but when we turned in the car, there was a guy out front by the shuttles asking people which terminal they were going to and directing people to shuttles for terminals 1 and 3.

9. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a tram from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1. United now goes out of terminal 3. United still lands at the D Gates. So when arriving in Vegas on United you arrive at D gate, go down the escalator, look to your right and you will see terminal 3 tram. You have to check in or pick up you luggage at terminal 3. From that point you can either wait for the shuttle to take you to Terminal 1, ground zero or go back on the tram to terminal 1. AT that point you have to take the tram to terminal 1 then to ground zero.

I have not done this yet but have had a lengthly discussion with United on this matter. They had no opinion of which option was quicker. I will try it out in Oct.

10. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tram is in the secured area. If you get your luggage @ T3 you will have to get back into the secured area to take the tram to T1. That means going through security with your bags.

There are 2 RAC shuttles which pick up at T3. They are located at each end of the terminal. There is also a inter-terminal shuttle with 1 stop in the center of T3.

Go to the McCarran airport web-site, they have an interactive terminal On the left column, click on Ground Transportation then choose what your looking for - taxis, RAC shuttles, inter-terminal shuttle, limos, etc. They will display on the terminal maps for you.

You can click on the yellow icons which display your choice for additional information about that selection. Regarding the RAC shuttle it says :
    The Rent-A-Car Center shuttle depart approximately every five minutes to the new McCarran Rent-A-Car Center.

For information on the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center call 702.261.6001.​

You can also use this map to see what dining choices and shops are available in which terminal and whether they are located before security or in the secured areas.

Hope this helps you... :licklips:

JustMe

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

While the rental car shuttle looks fine, it looks like a hassle to take public transportation. From what I am seeing, you will take a shuttle bus from T3 to T1, which leaves every 15 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.