1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps at Mirage

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MUFC, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a few weeks me and a couple of friends will be staying at Mirage for a week. One thing I have never really done is get a players card for the hotel i'm staying at, mainly because i don't really understand how they work, and what you can get from them.

I know that you hand the pit boss your card when you start playing but what happens after that? Do they keep track of what you are betting? At the end of your trip are you supposed to hand the card back and see what you can get? Is it worth it for the amount of money i will be gambling (see below)?Apologies if these questions are a bit daft, its just something i've never thought about too much. Any info would be appreciated.

A little info about my trip which may or may not be relevant:

- My total bankroll for gambling is about $1500 (same for the other 2 guys)
    - We will probably be doing the majority of our gambling in Mirage
    - I will be playing Blackjack mostly (and playing $10-25 a hand)
    - Will also play a bit of roulette and 3 card poker/let it ride
    - We will be going downtown one night for a cheaper night out

Depending on how things are going, i do like to put a big bet on now and again, like a $500 hand of BJ, or $500 on red etc. Thanks for any advice in advance! :thumbsup:

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10-25 bets at the table aren't going to get you much if anything but if you're going to play anyway, it never hurts to get the card and see what they say at the end of your trip.

Go to the players club before you check out and have them look at your play. You'd probably do better playing slots w/ that bankroll but it's never wise to play a game for comps instead of playing what you like and understand.

Also....that once in a while $500 bet won't get you anything either, it's how much you consistently bet over how many hours at the table. They want to see their chances of draining your whole bankroll versus your chances of winning.

3. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Dean, i have just noticed the Comps section of the forum, should probably have checked that out before posting! As for playing slots, I find them too boring unfortunately! I will probably get a players card for the mirage then and see what happens as i've got nothing to lose (apart from my bankroll...)!

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That kind of play will probably get you some comps downtown, but not on the Strip and definitely not at Mirage.

Pretty sure Mirage is a $25/hand for like 4 hours type place for Blackjack.

Not sure how people can handle the swings at that level though. If I sit down and lose my first 5 hands at a $5 table - I am turned off..

5. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most MGM properties will not rate you unless you are playing $25/hand and up.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played $25 blackjack at Mirage -- this was awhile back, so take it with a grain of salt -- but I didn't get anything from them. Of course I was already on a free room offer, so I wasn't expecting anything, but even the room offers dried up after that until I increased my play elsewhere.

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst case scenario is you earn a few Express Comps (maybe not from blackjack, but certainly from roulette, three-card, slots etc.). By the end of the week, you ought to have enough to pay for a meal or a few rounds of drinks.

Other than the time you spend waiting in line, there really isn’t any reason not to sign up and use the card whenever you’re playing.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice above.

I would also suggest scanning through postings from the past month or so. You will learn lots.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slight thread hijack, but not off topic. Is there decent VP at Mirage and what's the minimum to make a comps dent?

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage actually has some of the best VP of all the MGM properties. I don't know why. You can find $1 and $2 9-6 DDB and 9-7-5 DB (both pay right around 99%) -- so that's $5 or $10 per hand. At lower denominations than that they are pretty standard -- meaning not good.

The only other MGM property with $1 full pay DDB that I know of is excalibur. NYNY has it, but it's on machines that specifically say no comps.

I can't tell you what you need to do for coin in to get noticed. Mirage is pretty loose with future room offers, though. Not as much as they were a year ago, but still among the best MGM Properties for low end offers.

11. Mattwall

Mattwall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I joined Mlife last July at the Mirage. I maybe gambled $800-$1000. I also used the mlife card on all food and other various purchases.

Last week I got a free 3 nights, $225 freeplay and $150 Food and drink credit.

I think if you are diligent with your mlife card you will be seeing the rewards very soon after.

Others here have had some negative feelings about Mlife. I, however have had a fantastic experience with the program so far.

12. kellyols

kellyols Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed at the Mirage yet. Staying there 10/16-10/22. I usually stay at CET properties. I did book a room at CET for the $300 free play. Hubby has a convention and this is why we are staying at Mirage. Not sure where I'm going to spend my money yet but hopefully something pans out of that $300 free play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.