1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reserve/Pay ahead for early arrival? Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by floridavegas, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for some advice... We have 6 nights reserved at The Flamingo in a "go-luxury w/view" :banana: (Wed 8/29) - our flight arrives early, like 8am... I thought about calling to reserve early check-in - esp as check-in is 4pm... but then I thought maybe just wait and see what happens when we arrive and if we have to pay $28 then so be it?? If not - then great!! (atleast try $20 trick)

I was going to ask for a non-adjoining room, one with a view of the fountains so did not want to push my luck...

What do you think??

(as we live in Fl, and our flight may be delayed this may be a mute point, hope not)

Thanks for any input!!

2. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think you will want to catch up on some sleep or rest, then the early check-in has some merit. If you are just going to drop off your luggage and then go out for the day, I would't pay the extra charge. You can leave it with the bell desk and get it after 4pm.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

I've never heard of an early arrival fee before...then again, I've never
    needed one at the RIO. My usual arrival is around 8,9am and they know
    I'm coming in. I use the Platinum/Diamond registration, I'm Platinum.

I stop in, let 'em know I'm here. I usually get my room around noon.
    There have been times it's been as late as 2pm but hey...I check my bag
    with the Bell...I don't need a room for anything til later.

An early check in fee surprises me. That means some of the nicer rooms
    ARE REALLY READY early in the morning? Housekeeping isn't needed?

CET seems to be getting more and more our money for so many little amenities that we should
    be able to have for free. No wonder there's...no resort fees. Who needs 'em...they simply
    keep introducing fees for things they never used to charge for.
    Course...they're only 19.9 billion dollars in debt.
    Bankruptcy isn't sounding as much a matter of 'IF'...than 'WHEN'.

4. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    although weds arnt extremely busy it should be busier then normal because of labor day. Who knows how long that check in line could be. Its hit or miss checking in early, with that thought do you want to wait 45mins and them not letting you check in early?

5. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well, maybe cet/flamingo should have my room available when i am paying for it :) over 50% they never have the one available ive booked...example no views and stick me in a standard and tell me I can switch tomorrow. Who wants that hassle? :( Ive never gotten my bed request LOL.....though I can live with that.
    Sure better customer service could help........

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you gamble there? Because early and late check in fees are about the easiest thing in the world to get comped by a host. When you ask a host for something that doesn't really cost anything, they're usually pretty good about taking care of it. Early or late check in, VIP check-in...I've never been told no.

Even if you can't get the early check in, they'll keep your bags and you can just go do your vegas thing and come back later.

Bottom line, I definitely would not pay for early check in ahead of time. But I also wouldn't be trying to get early check in and working that in conjunction with the $20 trick. I'd pick one or the other.

7. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one and only time I've ever been asked about paying the early check-in fee was last year on a comped room at the Flamingo when checking in around 11AM. I didn't pay it as all i was going to do was drop off my bag and leave the room anyway.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not bother. You will not get there until 9:00-9:30. If they have rooms, you should get one. They might ask for money then, they might not.

And, if you are gonna go eat, and see a bit first, then just check your bags.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting charged the early arrival fee seems to be about 50/50 depending on who is doing the check-in. I would get your TR card first (if you don't have one already), then use the Gold card member line (to the right of the counter). Unless you are Plat/Diam - obviously then use that room. Chances are better that if it is waived, it would be for a TR member vs. a non-member.

Depending on how you feel & what they tell you, you could make the decision to pay at that time if they assess it. I checked in early at Ballys one time - if they had charged me I would have happily paid it as I had about 2 hours of sleep in order to drive to the airport for an early flight. Even paying an early check in fee, I would have still saved a ton of $ by taking that early flight. Other times I have felt fine & would have been content to just check bag & go play if they assessed it.

10. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you dont yet have a players card from CET get one before you check in, they should wave the fee with a players card well 50/50 but better chance with a card

Opps i see jgates beat me to that lol

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great minds think alike!!!

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I have noticed is: they don't seem to be really enforcing the early check in fee all the time at the front desk... but when you arrive it seems the bellhops tell everybody thats arriving early that they are enforcing the early check in fee and that you are better off checking your bags with them.

I'm kind of thinking they are saying that so they can drum up business (and tips) so I wouldn't pay much heed to that and just go to the front desk.

13. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been offered a fee to check in early, and that was at Harrah's. I believe they are notorious for it. At the Mirage I got there at 1030-11 once and they were checking in everyone on a Weds.

I believe I got to Flamingo at 12 once and they were checking people in. I wouldn't ever pay for it though.

14. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is a late reply - but in case anyone is interested and I really need to say THANK YOU!!! to all for your replies - we arrived 8/29 about 9:30AM - the line for check-in was about 10 people deep, TR ZERO!! We had TR cards from our may trip, so up to the counter we went a SUPER nice older guy checked us in, I told him it was our first stay at the Flamingo, he typed a little, said I've got what I think is a great room but it will not be ready till noon - is that OK? SURE!! tipped him $10!
    He said no early-checkin fee for TR holders, and noon was considered early check-in.

He pointed us to the bell desk, we checked our bags with them, back at noon, (TR line only 2 people then) grabbed our key , our room was out of this world!! View of Bellagio fountains, 25th floor - could not have been happier!!

Thanks again for all the input, :nworthy: glad I waited and did not pay in advance, and gave "Larry" the tip!!

15. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Florida for the update, we will be arriving around 1 on a Monday, was yours a go room or a fab?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.