1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D Oct 12-13

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by mraudit, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mraudit

mraudit I wear this on the plane!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we are staying downtown, and as the date gets closer, I am getting more excited about returning to downtown. Its been almost 18 years since I last stayed there. Anyway, I decided on The D was the place for us! I went online and for that weekend, it is sold out!! Does anyone know why??? Uggg.

Do you think calling a host would work? I have never called a host without first getting rated at a place. Ideas, advice?

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three conventions in town, but nothing downtown. They aren't renovating are they?

3. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are advertising their grand opening under the new name to take place in October . . . maybe this is the weekend?

4. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vegas.com and i4vegas.com both show available rooms for the D for those dates.

They are $129.00

5. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $129 for the Ditz? Must be a big deal weekend. Nothing against it by any means but really?

6. geannabell

geannabell MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! People must have loved it thus they were now sold out.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eighteen years away from downtown! Four Queens or Main Street might be recognizable. If $129 is the best you can do at the D, I would recommend any other property downtown. If room price is a decider the Riviera has been sending a lot of offers and is an easy bus ride to downtown.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the heck of it, I looked at Main Street for those two nights and it's $90 on Fri & $100 on Sat, plus taxes. Pricey!

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very pricy for MSS, or any of the Boyd properties.

10. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am not the only one sick of staying on the strip

11. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, you're not the only one.

Next trip for my first ever time I'm staying DT for the first night and the the rest on the strip.... baby steps.. baby steps..:Þ

12. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awww shoot! Now the secret will be out - downtown is a great place to stay! Better prices, easy to get from one place to the next, free concerts at both ends of the canopy, and more costumed characters than you can shake a stick at. Our trips wouldn't be complete without at least a few days there.

13. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Saturday before Halloween. I am trying to find a place and this is what I see. Plaza-110 (with Resort fee) Four Queens-119, Best yet, GG-199. I have Vegas Club at $70 for now but hate paying that for a property that I usually get PAID to stay in. Boyd properties are showing sold out. The D is only 89, but I have not had good luck there in rooms, gambling, or fun in the past, so I hesitate to try again.

Still a couple of months off, so I am sure I will get the rate down, but dang, it is expensive staying downtown anymore..... Must be the gays taking over driving the prices up, haha.

14. mraudit

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D is now $209 a night OCT 12 and 13

OK, their website has said sold out for the last couple of weeks, but now it says rooms are available, but it is $49 for Thursday Oct 11, and $209 for OCT 12 and 13. So I called the reservation line, and the lady said "I have no idea why they are so high that weekend." Does anyone know what is going on? Looks like the Golden Nugget or Fremont.

15. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! $119.00 for the Four Queens?? :eek: And I like staying at the Four Queens!

Guess I lucked out. My son and I are at The D from 10/08 - 10/12 and we got the $34.00 rate. Looooove those mid-week rates!

16. mraudit

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the heck is going on this weekend? The El Cortez is sold out of tower rooms, the D wants 209 a night, GN is over 350 for the weekend. We will not stay at the Plaza either. To many bad stories about that place. Looking at the Fremont now.

17. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the "Free lunch" days are over?

18. markadele

markadele Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be in town Oct 13th thru the 16th planed on the D as we got comp rooms from the Fitz. Called about 3 weeks ago they comped 14th and 15th but said sat. the 13th they couldn't comp and would be $199. So checked every where with out much luck downtown so we booked The Vegas Club thru expedia for $70 plus tax for one night. That is very pricey for the Vegas Club but thats all we could find for cheap. The lady on the phone at the D told me it was there grand opening weekend.

19. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a three night stay at Golden Nugget & had a blast.

Was my first trip downtown and it will now be my place to stay for at least the next few trips.

20. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Queens has a Video Poker tournament going on Oct 12-14. So unless you're invited, no comps that weekend, at least so far. Maybe as it gets closer, rooms & rates might ease up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.