1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo upgrade offer, worth it?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by stefyo, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefyo

stefyo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Received the following upgrade offer from the Flamingo for next week.....is it worth it?

Upgrade from a FAB Deluxe room to a GO Deluxe room for $20 per night or upgrade to Strip-view GO Luxury accommodations for just $30 per night.

Currently we have two of our four nights comped, not sure how this upgrade would affect them.

2. Crystal Rae

Crystal Rae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how did you get an upgrade offer?

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are u platnium or diamond if so then pass see what you can do when you get there.

4. stefyo

stefyo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

It came in an email from the Flamingo.

5. stefyo

stefyo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am neither of those.....

6. Crystal Rae

Crystal Rae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am neither of those either, we are staying there at the end of September, would be sweet to get an email!

7. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They typically do this right before your trip. I usually roll the dice and see what I can get when I get there with a smile and hello....
    :wave:

8. kellyols

kellyols Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually always send out emails about a week before your reservations. Always looking to get extra money. Usually you can pass and just ask when you get there what kind of "FREE" upgrades they may have available.

9. Crystal Rae

Crystal Rae Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last time we stayed at the flamingo we just asked for a strip view room when we got there and it was given to us for free

10. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am there next week as well in a Go Deluxe room. The offer I got was a Go Luxury for $20 more per night or a mini king suite for $40 per night. I am going to just see if I can get a free $20 upgrade when I check in.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GO rooms are super super nice! If you aren't going for a really long trip an extra 40-60 bucks is probably worth it.

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to pay the upgrade fee, even on the comp nights. I have been offered the upgrade many times on fully comped stays.

The GO room is a lot nicer. If I were in a FAB I would consider the $20 night to get to a GO but probably wouldn't bother to pay more to get the view.

13. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood sends these offers out also. Mine from the winter was a $35/night upgrade from regular Hollywood Hip room to strip view Hollywood Hip - can you believe that with the small windows in those rooms?? What robbery.

To the OP - check rates for your reservation often. Vegas rates go up and down, and normally down as you get a little bit closer. To upgrade to from FAB to GO online is about a $15/night upgrade when you book it straight up on the website. Better off doing that. I have cancelled reservations and rebooked them 9 times once leading up to a trip because the room rate dropped around $200 total. More work than most will do - but that $200 comes in handy for gambling and booze!

14. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my money, I definitely wouldn't go for the $30/night upgrade to a Go Luxury. If its not crazy busy you can likely get a view upgrade at check in. As for the $20 upgrade to Go Deluxe, I agree with wishman35, depends on the rate difference if you book direct. Also depends on how set you are on having a Go room. If that is hands down your preference then, might be worth the $20/night to secure the room type in advance.

I've paid for the upgrade via an email offer once and I felt it was worth it but I was going from a comp Go Luxury to a Go Mini Suite for $20/night. Definitely a nice deal.

15. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, yeah that is definitely worth the upgrade! If a view is your goal, there is a GO Executive - a fancy way of saying top floor with a strip view (slightly - very slightly larger I believe). I think people get emailed to upgrade to that if they have previously booked the GO with a view.

The rooms on the Bally's side have an incredible view facing south with full view of Bellagio and south and NO advertising wrap.

Though...nothing wrong with saving the money and having a pool side room to see what the chair availability is down there ;)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.