1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo GO Luxury room

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DReynolds86, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now for my trip that I'm planning in April, Flamingo is offering me a Go Luxury room for $250.00.

4/18/13 - COMP
    4/19/13 - $125.00
    4/20/13 - $125.00

Is this a good price on these rooms or should I wait and see what offers come out around February? Aren't these the newly renovated rooms on property? Anyone have any experience in them? Thanks.

2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book it. When rates go down, rebook it.

3. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh my pricy but is spring break

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would wait or make a reservation now and then re book if the rates go down.

I just called the Flamingo two days ago, and asked about the Linq construction and the reservationist that I spoke to, told me that the linq construction was affecting the Flamingo, noise, and parking difficulties with entering and exiting the parking garage. Now, I have no way of knowing if this is true or not, but my husband and I cancelled our reservation and we booked the Golden Nugget downtown. And we were comped the whole four days of our stay Sept. 3-6th in a Fab Luxury.

I know you are going next year, in April, so maybe the construction won't be an issue then for you. I hope not.

We just didn't want the hassle of construction, if we could help it.

I will be posting a trip report when I get back from our vacation, so that may help as well.

K-9treatbaker

5. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from four nights in a Go Luxury room. Great room! newly remodeled with separate shower and tub, tv in the bathroom mirror, fridge, big flatscreen, electric curtain/sheer drapes w/ control on wall by the bed. All round a great room. I was in 19056 and found it perfect- high enough floor, close - but not too close- to the lobby elevators. Price wise, I think that is high. I was comped, but I think that you should be able to get it under 100/night. I agree with the other poster- book it now, then change it later. PS- no construction noise from my room- and the view was towards Bellagio- so no view of construction on the Linq.

6. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are all of them Strip-view or do you specifically have to ask for it?

7. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All "luxury" rooms at Flamingo have strip view. I would ask for one that faces Ballys or Bellagio. Construction noise aside, I find the rooms that view Caesars to be very loud due to the nightclub at Caesars. I too think $125.00 is a bit high, my experience has been that around the 3-4 month point before your trip seem to show the best rates.

8. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay. If I book it, should I just keep checking back on rates? And if a better one comes up, do I just call the hotel and ask for the better rate? Or just cancel the first one and rebook?

9. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book through total rewards...very easy to cancel or modify all online.

10. DReynolds86

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thanks.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to view rates using the calendar function vs the standard reservation function once you have booked. It's on the left side of the main page.

Easter again..:
  12. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip booked for next week. Today I noticed that the rates are lower than what I had booked. I called the reservation number and the woman was able to adjust the rate down on the existing reservation. It took her a little while to find the rate I was seeing online in their system but overall pretty easy.

13. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is the basic room at the Flamingo? The standard King, non-smoking. Any issues?

July 19th - July 24th
  14. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No issues with it, but its fairly basic... Don't expect anything incredible. But you won't feel grossed out either. For the price and location, can't be beat.

Flamingo did just upgrade 2300 of their rooms to "Fab" rooms, renovated / newer look - nothing for the bathrooms though.

Very likely you can $20 trick for a Fab room, if not a GO room (I $20 tricked to a go-room before, awesome room.. but it was a 1 night stay.. so probably a bit easier for them to hook up).

15. skshay

skshay Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo Go Rooms

We are booking for next week day after Thanksgiving. We were given rates of Friday $165, Saturday $105.00, Sunday $45.00, and Monday $45.00. This is for the GO room. Does this seem to high....I know weekends are higher. Just wanted to know if those rooms are worth it. Been a long time since we stayed at the Flamingo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.