1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any of you young people know anything about Ultimate Frisbee?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Pro Variety to be specific. A friend of mine bought an expansion franchise in the AUDL(Amer. Ultimate Disc League) .Anyone into this stuff?
    He said its big in college right now. So when I'm disgusted with The Mets/Jets and Rutgers ,I can always root for The NJ Hammerheads.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
  2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't realize there was a pro league. Very fun rec game. Kinda like football but with a frisbee. Just touch football stuff, no contact, so it works well in a co-ed setting. I haven't played since I was in college.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's not really just a young person sport. the first guy i new that played is now over 40. i don't know anything about pro leagues, but the game is fun and the guys can really throw the frisbee incredibly accurate.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to play in a competitive rec league when I was younger. Great workout. But I would compare it more to soccer than football. And shifter is right about the guys who can relaly throw. Our team captain could throw the disc seventy yards and hit the middle of any target he wanted. He went on to become a tournament disc golf player

I Need Spa
  5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The divers on my ship when I was in the Navy played, they played full contact tackle. Cross between tackle football and rugby from what I seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.