1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown BJ/Craps Comps ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by fireguye8, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here it goes. I have been a [STRIKE]member[/STRIKE] lurker for a while but this is my first post. I understand how the comp game works. I know this information is probably in another thread but I am hoping to get the most up to date info for two upcoming trips.

I used to play on the strip at 200-300 a hand/roll. But life happens and things change; marriage, new house, baby, etc. I have not been to Vegas in over a year. As the times have changed so has my bankroll. Things are finally settling down where I will be able to get out 4-6 times are year for 2-4 days at a time.

I have been downtown but have never really concentrated any play there (no players cards etc). So my question is this:

Where will I receive the most love for my new 25-50 a hand/roll bankroll (I play no slots and only light VP to kill some time)?

I plan on playing at least 4-6 hours per trip. Obviously looking to get the most "return" on play. So you downtown experts what will this get me on a 3-4 day trip 4-6 times per year? I just want to have an idea of what to expect when checking out after my first trip.

Next dates are:
    Sept 4-6
    Sept 30 - Oct 3
    (nothing booked yet...that's what I need your help for)

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

2. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS

MSS will comp you a room at $50 a hand for 4-6 hours of play.

3. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 thing to remember is that not only do you want to concentrate your play at a place that will comp you, but you also want to actually desire what you are being comped. For this reason, I am echoing the Boyd Gaming Properties (good food and rooms).

4. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at 4-6 hours per trip on a 3-4 day trip and coming up with 1.5 hours per day. Is that what you are thinking?

At first I was thinking 25/50 a hand should get you recognized at the Nugget but then considering the 1.5 hours per day I'm interested to hear what others think. I'd start at the Boyd properties and see what the offers look like.

5. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I meant 4-6 hours per day for a total of 16-24 hours total play for the trip.

6. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moving from the strip to downtown with that play, I'd start at the Nugget. I just don't know what to tell you as far as what to expect.

7. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played a few times in GN at $50/$100 per hand for 4 hours x 2 days and got offered squat. No offers of any kind. Now I only play for an hour here and there.

I'll only play in their High Limit room as it has decent rules. The rules on the main floor do not allow double after split.

8. housdoc

housdoc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS or Plaza...My Opinion..Table Games as we all know, we are a the mercy of the Pit Boss. We will be in town 9-5/9-10

9. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good to know. Thanks for the info. Looks like I might be playing elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.