1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planning trip from UK and East Coast

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by UKmark, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKmark

UKmark Guest

Hey everyone

Am starting to plan our 2013 visit and looking for a little advice from US travellers please.

The 2 times we have visited before we have been based on the West Costs (flown from SF and drove from LA).
    However next year we plan to visit the East Coast (NYC, Boston, Maine etc) in around October.

My question - is there a preferable route to get to Vegas for a few days cost effectively? Is it cheaper from NYC as a main hub or are we better to look from other airports on the east coast??

Thanks
    Mark

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked Virgin and BA. Virgin now have Virgin America but not sure what routes they run there. I would imagine that both BA and Virgin could do a flight outbound with a stopover and a direct flight back to the UK from Vegas. Virgin are only Gatwick and Manchester but BA now fly from Heathrow and Gatwick. This may help.

Corinne

3. UKmark

UKmark Guest

Thanks ill check that out alongside looking at the internal flights! Gatwick or Heathrow does not matter to us so both carriers are open!

Thanks!

4. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a flight into San Antonio UK and you can ride in style with us.......for 19 hours......non-stop.

[​IMG]

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general, flying from BOS will be cheaper than flying out of one of the NYC airports, but that can flip flop a lot, and there are only a couple of non-stops a day out of BOS.

What I would do to give yourself an idea is:

Go to Orbitz.com and put in comparable (same days of the week as you intend to fly) October dates in 2012 for BOS <-> LAS and NYC <-> LAS (use "NYC" and Orbitz will include all 3 NY area airports).

Also go to southwest.com (Southwest doesn't allow the aggregator sites access to their fares, so you have to look them up separately).

A third alternative would be the Manchester, NH airport (MHT). Some fares out of MHT will be cheaper than BOS or NYC, but there likely won't be any non-stops in October.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are saying you would go one way from the East Coast to Vegas, then fly back home from Vegas? Or return to East coast first.

I would make sure you check Southwest.com for good one way flights. As said, their flights do not show up on other web search sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.