1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Palace Keurig coffee makers

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mardaho, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read about the Keurig coffee makers in the Augustus and Octavius Towers. What I'm wondering is if you bring your own pods are you still charged to use the coffee maker or do they just charge you for the pods you use??

2. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at Caesars last Dec and brought my own K-Cups from home. Made myself coffee the first morning. Came back later that day after the maid cleaned my room to find out that the maid took all of my K-Cups and Sugar (about 8 of them)! I never did get charged for using the tiny machine but the chick took my K-Cups! I suggest you use the machine but hide your K-Cups in your luggage before leaving the room that day. There is no way for them to tell that you used the machine unless you open the K-Cup package!

3. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, the day I go on a vacation to Vegas and settle for that terrible tasting k-cup coffee...well, that day will never come. Even if the good stuff downstairs is way over-priced. And I'm not even a huge coffee fan.

4. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL PSM
    I'm not a Keurig person myself...basically cause one cup is not enough
    BUT my usual routine involved making myself somewhat presentable in the morning to shlep down to Payards for a cup of coffee and then go back to my room to enjoy my vacation morning either laying around watching the today show or soaking in the jacuzzi and plotting the days activities. Just thought I might try a K cup in the morning and then get my regular one when I get out and about. I would do the room service coffee if I knew what time I would wake up in the morning but it's always hit or miss on when we start our days adventure.

5. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't mean to discourage you. Some people love their Keurigs. Just throwing my thoughts out there as, to me, a vacation is all about doing stuff I can't do at home on a daily basis.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A call to the manager would have been on my list Boosty!!! They have no right to remove your personal items from the room.

7. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They charge you to use the machine? At Rio last October, there was no charge for these machines and when asked the maid gave us as many as we wanted. I never use in room coffee machines, but hubbie will.

:beer::beer::beer:

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No charge to use the machine....

Just the pods; bring your own (WEIRD the maid took them...I would have certainly called, too!!!!)

9. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do not charge you to use the machine, but they do charge you to buy their k cups.

The maid should never had taken those. I leave mine out, but in the box or bag I bring them in along with my little creamers. I would be pissed if if they were taken!

Any coffee is better than no coffee.

Beth

10. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Yeah, K-cup coffee leaves a lot to be desired but hey!....remember how long the
    issue of coffeemakers in the CET properties has been going on?
    Upper level players only got 'em...not the 'pods' and machines are available...
    At the RIO, pods are free for VIP rooms and Diamond and above guests. The rest...
    if you choose...pay for a pack of 3 pods in your 'goodie' cabinet ($8.00)
    I'll have a cub in the room before going downstairs for a real cup.
    I bring my own pods and keep 'em in my suitcase...never had a problem.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I hang the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door until I check out. The maids are in the hall enough if I need towels, I ask. To me, they do not need to be in room while I am staying there.

12. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrible tasting? Really? I'm no coffee expert, but I like me some Keurig brew.

Nick:beer:

13. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get Dunkin K Cups, and if it is anything like their bagged coffee or the coffee they serve in their stores, it would be excellent. Dunkin Donuts IMO has better coffee than Starbucks at half the price.

14. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dunkin is ok, but I like me some Kona or anything Dark roast extra bold (like Newmans Own mmmmm). And you can pry my Keurig from my cold dead hands! Lol. But it's biggest appeal for me is I'm a one cup a day drinker so a whole pot is a waste. That way I get a fresh cup every time. But I digress

As others have said, no charge for the machine, only the K-cups. I used my own in both Ceasars (Forum tower) and Monte Carlo on my last trip. It's also good for making hot water for tea and such. I also notieced the CVS and Walgreens on the strip and downtown were selling small boxes of K-cups. Not a good prices but cheaper than the mini bar.

Anybody know if they have Keurigs at Paris and if so are they in all rooms or just particular ones?

15. garrisonsmama

garrisonsmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Keurigs I have come across in Paris, and coffee makers in rooms seem to be hit or miss.

My room in February at Paris had a coffee maker in the room. My room at Paris last week did not have a coffee maker in the room.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am with you on this one. I know some people tend to trash the room and need service. We generally make the bed, or at least throw the covers up in the morning. We use the trash cans. And, 2-4 sets of towels last a long time.

The DO NOT DISTURB sign works great. Nobody touches my stuff. Or takes anything. Or gets up upset when the room is not clean. Or bothers us when we want to sleep.

Just us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.