1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

golden nugget upgrade

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by spy73, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy73

spy73 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    going to the golden nugget next month. has anyone tried the $20 upgrade lately? from what i have read its less then a 50% chance there.

2. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure that will be the hardest sell downtown. You might get lucky but it could be a tough one.

3. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will let you know, I'll be there for the first 3 days of my 10 day trip.

However, I am checking in ON my actual birthday AND I have a Landry's card (but I booked through a 3rd party), so I don't know how accurate of a gauge it will be. LOL!

Since I know going in it's very difficult there, I am only going to have it in my hand (visible to indicate its purpose), not sandwiched.... Less embarrassing at a difficult location, I figure... :)

4. maineguy

maineguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sandwich

my advice is ....do it as a sandwich.....check in at an off hour, like after 11 pm.

5. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could see a late check-in working if you are staying mid week or only a day or two tops. But if your stay is over a weekend, a complimentary up grade is difficult. Too many people come for the weekends, so checking in late on a weekday still doesn't give you an advantage on a long stay. I suppose if you told the clerk you would be willing to move to a smaller room latter, you would have a chance. But that seems like it could be a let down, or at least a real pain.

6. heywud34

heywud34 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday late afternoon last October

Went to normal desk and asked to see if there were any upgrades available to the Rush Tower. Young pretty Asian gal discretely handed us key cards to the Rush Tower. I didn't do the sandwich but just asked politely. After she gave us the upgrade I just handed her a folded up $20 and said Thank You.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. Did she see the $20 before she said yes?

8. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're going to pop $20 for a room upgrade, you might consider looking at the Landry's Select Club. For a $25 one-time fee, you will be given a one-tier bump (Carson -> Gold; Gold -> Rush) on every Golden Nugget reservation. You book a level below what you want and present the card at check-in. I've done this several times, upgrading from Gold -> Rush every time. Obviously this is if there's availability in that tower.

As I remember, if you associate the card with an email address, you also get a $25 coupon/gift certificate to one of their restaurants. This makes the Nugget upgrade a 'free' perk, if you were planning to dine in one of their restaurants, anyway. Here in Houston, they have so many different spots that it was easy to use.

http://www.landrysselect.com/ is their website.

9. heywud34

heywud34 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. I think she and I had an understanding of what was happening. The Rush room was very nice.

10. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stayed 2 nights aug 12-14. had a standard rush room for $70 per night. did the $20 sandwich and was upgraded to a junior corner suite with pool and strip view. awesome room and well worth the $20!! good luck!:beer:

11. spy73

spy73 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my attempt and result

just got back from staying at the nugget. tried a $50 to increase my chances but was told by the front desk girl that she couldnt take it. she did offer a suite for $50 more a night but i told her i couldnt do that. then after clicking around on her computer for a while she said she put us in the gold tower (we where booked for carson tower). so after all said and done we got upgraded for free!!! never hurts to ask and be polite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.