1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms Place

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by kiwigirl, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwigirl

kiwigirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

Hubby and I are going to Palms Place early September for a week for our anniversary. Have any of you had any experiences staying there? Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a free room upgrade there? Anyone tried the $20 trick there?

We will probably catch the shuttle over the strip most days but mostly we are there to just relax and have a little fun playing the slots.

Can't wait!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive been in the rooms there realy nice i thonk the all have kitchens.palms place is there condo part hotel.
    there are only 2 shuttles a day to the strip i belive .your probaly better off using the harrahs as they run till 1 am .they stop and go from the rio.
    rember palms is a younger crowd ,notsure how old you are.

i do recomd simons resturant and nines at the palms.

3. kiwigirl

kiwigirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your response.

We are in our our early 30's but we're not really there for the nightlife. We are more there as a relaxing, fun getaway for our anniversary. We are planning to play but we're not big gamblers. We are looking forward to eating out, catching a show, hit the pool etc.

Thanks for the suggestions on the restaurants. Will definitely have to check those out.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your there on a friday the palms has a big pool party called ditch fridays.

5. jvferg72

jvferg72 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do yourself a favor and have dinner at Nove Italiano. I love that place! :peace:

6. geannabell

geannabell MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms Place is a good place to visit. Though, it would be hard for you to find a free room upgrade.

7. kiwigirl

kiwigirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got back from staying at the Palms Place and we LOVED it. We were there from Mon 10th - Fri 14th Sept.
    When we arrived, we just told the front desk that we were there for our anniversary and they offered us complimentary Strawberries and Champagne and also put us up on the 37th floor with an amazing view of the strip. We didn't even have to do the $20 trick. Somehow we qualified for 2 breakfast buffets per day for each day we stayed there too so we were very grateful as this saved us money. We really enjoyed our room which had 2 42 inch TV's and was very comfy and stylish at the same time. We enjoyed the bathroom which was just lovely and loved the 2 person jacuzzi tub. It also had a kitchen in there as they are condo units. It really had a high end feel but we got a great price. It was exactly what we wanted and would definitely stay there again. We're not big gamblers so we wanted to stay somewhere that was away from the hustle and bustle but still be a part of it when we wanted. This place was perfect. We enjoyed great service and have nothing but good things to say about Palms Place.

8. jvferg72

jvferg72 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! It sounds like you had a great time. How did you like the restaurants?

9. kiwigirl

kiwigirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be honest, the only place we ate at was the Bistro Buffet and we really enjoyed it. Like I mentioned, we ate there everyday for breakfast. For what is supposed to be a "small" buffet it had a really great selection. We pretty much skipped out on lunch because we were still pretty full and for dinner we at there once and at the Rio. While the Rio has a very impressive buffet, I think there were more items from the Bistro buffet that enjoyed more. So, even though I don't have any others to compare it too apart from the Rio, it had alot that I really enjoyed.

Also, I wanted to mention that they do have a shuttle that runs every 30 mins that takes you to the Forum Shops at Ceasars. I'm not sure what time it starts but its every 30 mins until 8pm.

10. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for giving feedback to your own question. I just book two nights at a great rate. I've never stayed "off strip", but the rooms look great. I'm glad try took care of you Vegas style.

11. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shuttle at 10 AM to Caesars

At least it did when I last stayed at the Palms in August 2012.

If you are staying at Palms Place I recommend the Rojo Lounge. No one is ever there so it is easy to get a drink. When you check in they used to give you a coupon for a complimentary drink there. Not sure if they still do.

Simons is good. I love their key lime pie. It is not a regular item, but if it is a special I recommend it.

N9NE Steakhouse is awesome. It can be loud. Lots of single people eat at the bar.

Nove Italiano get the black truffle Asparagus. Thank me later.

Alize. My favorite restaurant. Great views. Great food. Great service. Tell Stavros or Patrick I referred you, that might get you a thank you or something. They know me, but probably by site only.

The pool at Palms Place is the quiet pool. It is like going to nice, spa pool that is quiet.

The pool at the original Palms is the party pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.