1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet Breakfast

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VickiMargaret, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VickiMargaret

VickiMargaret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would like to go to a Buffet Breakfast while Im in Las Vegas in November. We are staying at NY NY and would like something within walking distance.

Was thinking Wicked Spoon as I have always wanted to go there but notice there is only a Brunch for $22. Whats on offer for Brunch .. any ideas and is it worth the price. Im not a big eater and wonder if it worth going to only eat a moderate amount. FYI it would be a weekday not a weekend.

Any other ideas around that area that might be better value??? Or just skip the buffet and go somewhere for breakfast??

2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip we stayed at NYNY and had the Paris buffet one morning and ate at The Cafe another morning.

Paris was well worth the cost at less than $20/person. Good selection, good variety and fresh.

The Cafe was outstanding too. Our bill was just over $20/person but still well worth it. Lots of food for the price. Oh the carrot cake pancakes are awesome!!!

3. rbspartan

rbspartan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NYNY provides a serviceable breakfast buffet at Chin-Chin for about $14. You don't have an overwhelming choice, but everything is tasty ... they even have a few Chinese dishes.

For a wider variety, you might want to walk across the bridge to MGM. I'm not sure of the price, but I'm sure you would have a wider selection. Or you can walk further North to Paris or Cosmo

4. paramont

paramont Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet at Luxor (MORE) used to be a great deal for breakfast but now they charge $16 - only a dollar less than lunch. It has an exciting entrance area (like an archeological dig - think Indianna Jones) but very boring once you get to the seating area and nothing special about the buffet. Paris is quite a walk, but it's definitely a lot nicer and better food.

5. paramont

paramont Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay is nearby, and the buffet has a nice airy atmosphere with white linens, ceiling fans, view of the pools, lots of natural wood finishing... food, while nothing special, was fresh and hot. Service was exceptional for a buffet. You will really feel pampered, if this is what you are looking for. (we haven't been there in a few years, so if this has changed, other posters please comment)

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the bk buffet at the Paris, the juice and coffee are a step up from the
    cheaper buffets. They have made to order crepes, smoked fish station and I really enjoy their breakfast pastries because I cannot get them where I live.:cheers:

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still trying to decide which strip breakfast. Must be buffet.

Paris - always long lines and I've heard it's gone downhill

Mandalay Bay - far end of strip and I read very small selection

Mirage - I read "very greasy" food

Bellagio - tried it several years ago - slow service & dry, underwhelming pastries (any better now?)
    -----------------------------
    Never tried Spice Market for breakfast. Harrah's was good several years back.

8. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you can find transportation i highly recommend Main Street Station.

Ive had Aria and Mirage... id go with the Mirage

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying downtown the first two nights and will definitely eat at Main Street. Will have a couple more cheap buffets at Palms and Gold Coast. Since a strip buffet will cost quite a bit more than the others mentioned, I want to be sure we're not disappointed.

10. Thadeus

Thadeus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From NYNY I would recommend Mandalay Bay, outstanding atmosphere (if you can get seated in the back by the windows) for the price. Not a bad walk, you can do most of it inside, from Excalibur to MB, and there is the monorail too. If you want something closer, Monte Carlo has a great buffet, VERY similar to MB, but not the same atmosphere.

I agree Paris is good, but a hike from NYNY, you can pick up the Deuce for a comfortable ride. Last time I was at Luxor, I was disappointed, and it is in the basement, almost themed like a dungeon.

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. surfside

surfside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bfast Buffets

Just back from 8 day Vegas trip. I ate at the following buffet(s) for breakfast/brunch: Will place them in order of quality..

1) Wicked Spoon
    2) Mirage
    3) Mandalay Bay
    4) TI
    5) Paris

Also at Bfast at The Cafe in The Hotel.

I dont know what all the hype was about Le Buffet at Paris. It had an incredible long line, dimly lit room, small tables, slow service, and the food was not appealing at all. Sure, it had the crepe station and other goodies, but the other food was just either bland or over/under cooked. I just didn't like my experience on Le Buffet. It was cheap with the LVA coupon that I had (10 bucks off)..but i was just disappointed with it. Maybe it was just a bad day for them..

You cant go wrong at Wicked Spoon. Mirage is a bit far from NYNY, but with the Duece, you will be there in no time.

Have fun!

13. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Around NYNY,
    MGM is standard not outstanding
    Bellagio is outstanding
    Wicked Spoon should be around Bellagio level, but have not tried it
    Chin Chin in NYNY has a small selection, but costs less
    Luxor is surprisingly great value for the cost
    Mandalay Bay is above MGM and Luxor, but below Bellagio

14. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose everyones tastes are different but I cant see past Luxor breakfast buffet, ive yet to find a better breakfast buffet, dont get me wrong im not a massive fan of their lunch or dinner buffets, come to think of it im not a massive fan of Luxor as a whole but IMHO they do the best breakfast buffets of which ive ever tried anyway, their made to order omlettes are to die for! :nworthy:

15. m1k2s3

m1k2s3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our next trip, we're staying at NYNY ( in fact, we usually stay there) On previous trips, we've tried the buffets at Monte Carlo, MGM and Bellagio - all are good. This trip, I think we'll try the buffet at Planet Hollywood.

We normally only eat a buffet at breakfast and usually only once per trip. There's too many other restaurants to try and I always over eat at a buffet. I just want a good variety of foods to try at a reasonable price.

16. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two brunches I have not tried yet are Verandah at Four Seasons and La Cave at the Wynn. Anybody care to give any opinions on them?

18. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were looking forward to eating breakfast at the Wicked Spoon when we were in Vegas last month. We both left disappointed! Over priced and Over hyped and not worth the $48 we shelled out to eat there.

We found the buffets at Paris and Planet Hollywood to be much better and cheaper!

Tim:peace:

19. mted58

mted58 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for Paris buffet for breakfast. IMO best buffet for breakfast on the strip for the price.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want the closest decent buffet from NYNY, it's definitely the Monte Carlo. Way better than MGM. It's not on the top tier by any means, but if you want a decent brunch with all the right breakfast stations plus some very good shrimp, I recommend it. We tried it for the first time on our last trip, and it was good enough where we ate it again the second day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.