1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Comps - question on how to use

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Karleen77, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karleen77

Karleen77 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't seem to find this information on this.

I have 7600 credits, and would like to use them.

I don't understand how to..

If I go to say Mon Ami Gabi, when I go to pay the bill, do I just present them with my plays card and they take the points off my card? Or do I have to do more then that?

thanks!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a store or restaurant can accept Rewards Credits then what you would do is at time of paying the bill you give them your card and photo ID and just tell them that you want to play with your points.

However, some places can't take Rewards Credits, of which I believe Mon Ami Gabi is one.

In that case there are two things you can do:

First, the easiest is to just charge the amount to your room and then when you are checking out pay off your hotel bill (which will have the room charge) with Rewards Credits.

After that what you can also do is: if you have an idea of how much your bill will work out to you can go to the Total Rewards booth and get points turned in to a voucher you can use at the restaurant/store. The only real "catch" with the voucher is you need to tell them how much to make it out for, so it often won't be for the exact amount.

3. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Karleen77!

My understanding is that whatever your comp point balance is, divide it by 1,000 will give you your comp balance in dollars. So, in you case 7,600 equals $76.00.

I have eaten at Mon Ami Gabi once with someone who plays at CET almost exclusively. If I remember correctly, Mon Ami Gabi doesn't take the Total Rewards card. The person just charged to the room.

You could charge to the room and have them apply your points is one way.

Hope this helps.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, charge to room, or get a voucher for Mon Ami - we do it at least once every trip. On a few trips, we got a room at Paris ONLY so we could charge to room for Mon Ami. Thanks to this board, I found out you could get a voucher at the total rewards desk.

As to figuring out your points. Thousand?

Heck, each point is worth a penny. 7,600 is worth 7,600 pennies,which is the same as $76.00

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi would be a bad example because of the room charge being required. But if you were at Le Burger Brassiere, yes, just present your card like a credit card and the server would take care of the rest.

6. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a note, TR credits can't be used for tip. When you pay with your TR Credits you are not charged tax.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, Mon Ami is one of VERY FEW places where you need to do something special.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most restaurants at CET properties do seem to be able to take Rewards Credits... seems like some of the stores on each property are hit or miss.

Reminds me though: if they go to the Total Rewards booth they'll have a selection of pamphlets there (how to play games, problem gambling help, etc) and one of the pamphlets has a list of what stores and restaurants accept Rewards Credits right off the card.

9. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to several late March or early April trip reports, tax is now being assessed even when you swipe at point of sale. From what I read the pushing that the gov't wanted for taxes on comps was put in place at least for dining. Nothing however (YET) for comped rooms.

Another exception is Margaritaville RETAIL - you need to get a voucher for there.

Easter again..:
  11. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my july trip to Vegas, we were not charged sales tax when using TR at point of sale...

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possible flack from customers? One of the TRs I read indicated they questioned it & were told that was new policy. Maybe they have decided to 'eat' the tax & just pay it themselves to keep customers happy. (That seriously would surprise me lol).

Easter again..:
  13. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No not due to flack from customers. It was a cashier who did not know how to apply the charges and not charge the taxes, so when the customer asks if that was due to the new govt policy, the cashier said yes. That would be my guess of what happened as I never saw this happened anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.