1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Average Monthly Rent of a 1 or 2 Bedroom Apartment?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by georgewalskin, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the average price per month for a 1 bedroom apartment in a safe location in las vegas thats not on the strip? I checked online and it seems like one can get a 1 bedroom apartment for around $650 only. And for a 2 bedroom its only $850? If this is true... wouldn't it make sense to get a 2 bedroom as oppose to 1 bedroom as its only $200 more?

Also, does anyone know the minimum number of months one has to commit to when renting a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment? I read that 1 year is standard and 6 months is also possible.

But then i read online that there are people that actually do as little as a 3 month lease? Is this true or false? The thing is I certainly don't mind paying a bit more per month if i could sign a 3 month lease as oppose to 6 month.

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

My brother has been looking at apartments near the strip. Your figures are accurate his lowest quote was $600 for 1 bed. The shortest lease he's come across is 6 mos. House rentals seem to start around $1200 with a one year lease.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It "doesn't make sense" to pay $200.00 more a month if you can't afford it and can get by with a one bedroom. You've been staying in single hotel rooms, which are smaller than a one bedroom apartment. Rather than paying an extra $200.00 a month for unnecessary space, why not put the money toward a monthly bus pass and meals?

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of times 33% extra price doesn't mean 33% extra space especially going from 1 to 2 BR. The rooms in 2 BR generally are a little smaller than the 1 BR. So maybe slightly smaller kitchen and living room, but you have the benefit of the 2nd bedroom.

That just comes down to what you need. To me it makes absolutely no sense to get the 2 BR if you have no specific need for that 2nd room.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We noticed as we drove around when we are in town that alot of apartment buildings have great move in specials. Rent 12 months, get 13th month free and so on.

Craiglist has a ton of listings

6. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    South Boston, cheaper part of town, 2BR, $2000/month. City average is $2500/month.

The price you pay (no pun intended) for a city with well paying jobs I suppose.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay 400 a month for a 3 bedroom house with an attached garage and a full basement. And I don't have to sit in traffic everyday. My 40 mile commute takes 40 minutes. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, me boy.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :cry: My junior 1 bedroom/studio apartment in California is $1335 a month haha.

I wanna move there someday, but things to keep in mind. Electric bill.. because of the weather. I would also guess, salaries are probably more inline with these rents...

I've seen what you've seen, I'm sure it's based on the high unemployment, evictions, terrible real estate market, and people with unstable jobs. If I moved to Vegas, I probably wouldn't want to commit for a year until I knew my job was stable.

9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some stuff to remember as well is if you are just going there to party for 3 months, would someone want to rent to you?

If you had an apartment and someone came to you with that in mind what would you say? No job, no nevada id. would be odd for sure.

Now if you are moving there thats a different story obviously.

Of course they would want a security deposit as well so factor that in.

Location seems like it can be a big factor there too. never lived there but my last trip i scouted out some apts and areas that I wanted to consder for the near future.

Some were highly undesireable and the prices were not that much different then the decent places.

10. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you share or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.