1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

La Reve vs. Cirque's "O"

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by vegas_or_bust, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw La Reve about 4 years ago and really liked it. I have not seen "O" yet. My wife (who hasn't seen either), really wants to go to one of these two shows during our upcoming trip.

The tickets for O are much more expensive than the tickets for La Reve. Has anyone seen both that can comment on which is better? I would like to see O since I haven't seen it, but I don't want to pay $150 more to see O if it's not much better than La Reve. Thoughts?

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll share my experience: my very first trip to Vegas was when I saw my very first Vegas show, which was "O". I was bored out of my mind and couldn't wait to get out of there. The clowns were beyond irritating, and I didn't like the music, sets, or costumes. The very next night I saw "Le Reve", and was thrilled beyond measure. Even though they have the same creator and composer, and are both performed over a pool, I felt that they were worlds apart in terms of entertainment, wonder and emotion. Those creepy costumes and gibberish lyrics of Cirque were already getting to me back in 2006. It was nice to see those types of acrobatics and scenes performed to songs with lyrics I could understand, that enhanced and deepened what was going on in the show. And lots of sexy costumes that didn't give me the willies.

Comparing the two would be like comparing a night at the ballet with a concert of your favorite rock band. It would be fine if I never saw "O" again, but I've seen LE REVE 18 times so far. No doubt you'll get plenty of responses that will say the exact opposite, so you'll just have to decide if it's worth the chance to see "O". BTW LE REVE is very different from four years ago. Many many things added, show has been streamlined, and is even more wondrous than when you saw it.

3. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "O" no

+1 for sam reply- le reve by a mile- no contest.:wink2::beer::beer::vomit:

4. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve crushes O. Le Reve is my wife and I 2nd favorite show behind Absinthe!

5. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that you will like either.

With that said if I had to pick one I would go Le Reve.

6. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

I'll side with Sam also...
    You'll find lots of choices where to sit at Le Reve.
    I prefer the VIP seats at the very top. I've sat in the 'splash' zone,
    the top of the rows but enjoy the leg room, pre-show video of the
    Show you get in the VIP seats and...it's an easy OUT after the Show, lol.

That said, 'O' has more variety but it's dark, moody.
    I liked the lighting color and texture they project on the stage and floor,
    Le Reve doesn't have the stage space 'O' has, but the showroom and
    imagery are quite cool. I too get bored at 'O'...I've seen it 4 times, lol..no more.

7. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent feedback as always. I think I will surprise her and get tickets to La Reve. Thanks everyone for the feedback :nworthy:

8. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another +1 for Le Reve. Will be seeing it again end of this month.

9. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed O, but it pales in comparison to Le Reve. We've seen most of the Cirque (and Cirque-like) shows and we'd go back and see Le Reve again in a heartbeat. Loved it!

10. ladyluxe

ladyluxe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for this thread Ive been wondering if I would like O...because I absolutely love love love Le Reve. Watching the previews of O though, it doesn't look like it would appeal to me, and I feel that way about Cirque in general although I generally like these types of things; Ive only seen Viva Elvis though and hated it. I'm thinking about going to see Mystere but I'm afraid it will bore me.

But anyways, I've seen Le Reve twice and I will definitely see it again, probably sometime next year.

11. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam, in vegas. any help for discount tix to la reve

12. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Le Reve (seen it three times now) and thought O was very boring.

Le Reve has the advantage of being presented in-the-round so every seat is a good seat and you feel really close to the action. O is the opposite. Even though I was sitting in House Seats, the pool is so huge that I felt far and removed from the act going on near the back of the pool.

There is only so much you can do in the water. When they do the same or similar dive over and over, it can start to feel tedious. And, while the techniques are probably very difficult for the cast to pull off, something is lost when you lose the ability to judge distance (the stage is so large you can't tell how high a dive is) and it lessens the impact of the acrobatic things they do.

Le Reve has the advantage of going vertical with their tiered stage and cabling. O just wasn't designed this way so it feels very "one note" compared to Le Reve.

13. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did find this on Vegas.com:

or try calling 702-770-9966 (WYNN) and ask for the AAA discount or mention promotion code ZOO40 to get $40 off premium seats .

or stop by Tix4Tonight booth and see if they have anything available.

Let me know what you do....

14. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another +1 for Le Reve.
    I dozed off the first time I saw O and thought it might be jet lag.
    Tried it again a year later and same thing.
    See Le Reve.

15. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O was the first show I ever saw in Vegas...I think sometime back in 1999 or 2000. I really liked it. The only Cirque show I liked a little better than O was KA. Went and saw Le Reve last year and thought it was excellent. I think I'd like to go back and see O again since it's been so long. I saw Mystere after O and thought it was ok. Saw Love and thought it was pretty much crap.

Bottom line is everyone has completely different tastes about these things. Most will tell you Love is fantastic and I've seen plenty of people say they hated KA, or fell asleep in this one or that one.

The funny thing about Le Reve was the next day we were at the Wynn again and I saw a preview of Le Reve on a tv. Had I saw those previews first I wouldn't have bought tickets to that show.

16. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel the same way about this advertisement:

[​IMG]

I think this would have anybody with clown phobias running for the hills. :vomit:

17. Stumiester

Stumiester Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the thread and comments. Was thinking same question and I like the unanimous decision - Le Reve Sept 10th week it is !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.