1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can i view current rates at Total Rewards after I booked it?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by georgewalskin, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgewalskin

georgewalskin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw some very low rates using my total rewards card previously. I didn't book it and as a result, the rates went up. Well i called them right now and they said these rates fluctuate so its not possible for me to get that low rate that i saw online.

They said well the best thing to do is the book at that current rate and then if you see a better rate, then you can always cancel it. This is true for say hotels.com. But as you guys know if you book a reservation through your total rewards account... you cannot view the current rates for those days you booked as it would have this message our records indicate you have a reservation during this time period.

The person on the phone told me that i could actually view the current rates online but she did not know how to do it. She told me there is a way to find the current rates online even after you booked a reservation. So for example, say you booked september 10 to 14. If you were to check the current rates for those days after you book it... it show that message. But according to her... there is a way.

Does anyone know what this method is? Again, im talking about checking the rates while you are logged into your TR card. I even asked her are you sure you are not talking about just checking the rates without signing in and she said yes. She said the other thing is you could always call them to check what the current rates are but the problem is rates change at any time of the day. So obviously i'm not going to call them 6 times a day to see the current rate as it could have problably changed say between a certain time that i have no idea of.

But can someone tell me how you can do this? I really don't believe you can do this but she assured me i can. The thing is with sites like hotels.com, you can always check the current rates for days even after you booked those nights, whereas with your TR card... it doesn't allow it. Thats why i always book the low cost prices on hotels.com as i can always cancel and of course view current prices anytime i like.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use the calendar feature to view and you can see the rates for days you have already booked. Hope this helps.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

BINGO!

And, yes, rates move almost instantly sometimes.

4. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive saved hundreds of dollars by just checking twice a day weeks leading up to my trips. Just last week my 2 nights at PH went from $120 total (not bad still) to completely comp. My friend who was traveling with me also ended up getting his room comped after I told him to check his rates. In the end we saved $240.

The TR ladies are very helpful when switching your days around. They've let me mix and match free days with offers along with the rates on the calendar. Sometimes the calendar rate is cheaper than your offers.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here I had Ballys booked, and I checked everyday just to see what they were offering and one day PH showed comped for my week. I selected the dates and went to book it but a box popped up and said "sorry you already have reservations for these dates, please call us at.." or something similar to that. I called the number and the lady happily switched me from Ballys to PH in less than 5 minutes.

6. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When that happens all you have to do is cancel your reservation and immediately rebook under the new rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.