1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas and Utah

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by margincall, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margincall

margincall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to arrange a combo trip with a few days in Vegas and then driving to southern Utah to see both Zion and Bryce canyons and trying to juggle due to weather with both places
    Dont want to go to Vegas when it is too hot so i have been looking at shoulder periods of mid May and early October(both next year)
    I can tell that Vegas should be fine around then and Zion should be as well but wondering about Bryce Canyon at those times
    Has anyone had experience?
    Thanks

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The nightly lows are often in the high 30's at night in May and October due to the altitude. So, dress for High Desert and you'll be fine. And, snow that time of year? It's possible. The trade-off is you'll not have a lot of other people around.

Bill

3. margincall

margincall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks
    we would probably stay around Springdale as a base when we were on that part of our trip so the Bryce part would only be during the day

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip,did it once

My only tip is that if youre beer drinkers buy a lot in NV before you enter UT. They only sell 3.2 there,awfull tasting crap!!

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a trip to Zion/Bryce in April years and years ago. I was hiking down in the hoodoos at Bryce and came up to find it snowing and a few inches sticking on the sides of the road. Got back to Ruby's Inn okay, but spent the next 3 days there as I was snowed in. Oopsie. I'm sure a better equipped car (not an 85 Mustang) could have gotten out but myself and a busload of German tourists hung out at the hotel for a few days before I had to make a break for it, following a snow plow.

Everyone said that size storm was a fluke, so I would think you'd be pretty safe by May, but keep an eye on the forecast.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.