1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Fan Facebook Special One day Only

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by travelfiend, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, this will have limited appeal as you can only fly on certain dates BUT the deals are fantastic. I just checked, I can book a RT ticket Denver to Las Vegas for $91.
    ---
    FAN FLASH SALE: We’ve reached three million Facebook Fans! Celebrate by using the promo code LUV2LIKE when booking on southwest.com to receive 50% off roundtrip “Wanna Get Away” fares for seven specific travel dates this fall! The offer lasts until 11:59pm (PST) TONIGHT! http://social.southwest.com/OYX

Discount is valid only on new reservations and purchase must be made on August 3, 2012 for travel on 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/31, or 11/6/12.

50% discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.

Roundtrip Required.

Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.

2. Lolly

Lolly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great deal but BIG hiccup.

Some accounts ( mine ) were charged multiple times for their one purchase. Mine was charged 13 times, friends 35 times. On their face-book page some people are saying 65 times. I am confident they will correct it, but it's taken a lot of my time. Been on the phone with cc company have written S.W. and am currently on hold 2.5 hours. I am surprised their phone system has not crashed. Icky way to spend a Saturday.:grrr:

Lolly

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our daughter is getting married today,:beer: so yesterday with a little time to kill before the rehearsal. I checked my e-mail and found this deal, I got two round trip, non stop flights with early boarding for $379 from Pittsburgh. They did charge me twice for the early boarding, but I’m sure they will straighten it out.:nono:

My wife was a little leery of booking,:eek: when the wedding has us almost tapped out of extra money. But hey its Vegas, I didn’t have to ask twice. So if anyone has some left over bankroll, or coupons feel free to send them my way. :wink2:

We also couldn’t get the days we would prefer, but after spending $900 for tickets in May it will be fine.:peace:

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah $68 one way from Chicago was a no brainer. I bet hotels reservations for those few "select" dates had a jump yesterday! :)

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They sent the same deal out via email. Some great prices.

6. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, great prices but big time computer hiccups. Here is latest from Southwest on fixing the multiple bookings.
    ---
    Information and update for Customers who recently experienced multiple bookings in error:

The overwhelming response from Customers who took advantage of our August 3 limited time offer launched to celebrate three million Fans on Facebook, created website performance issues at various times during the day. We realize that some Customers were charged more than once for the same reservation and we want to ensure you that we have all hands on deck, actively working to process refunds for any duplicate charges incurred.

Here is a status of those efforts:

First, we want you to know that we are working to identify duplicate bookings and charges and are proactively cancelling those additional reservations, actively processing refunds to the Customer. In order to process the refunds as quickly as possible, we have called in additional staff to support these efforts.

For those Customers who used debit cards and have received overdraft fees as a result of the additional charges, we will process a reimbursement for all overdraft fees that were caused by duplicate charges from Southwest for a single purchase. If you incurred overdraft fees, please fax documentation of those fees via a letter from your bank or a copy of your account showing the fees to 877-506-0154.

Southwest Airlines is committed to providing Customers with exceptional service both online and onboard. It is our goal to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and minimize any inconvenience to you, our valued Customers.

7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doh! I read about that. So are they giving refunds or flight credit? :ssst:

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I am 100% sure it will be refunds. And in many cases, it will just reverse the charge.

9. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was charged twice for early boarding, I thought it would be easier to just wait until my CC statement came then call and get it removed. It came yesterday, and the charges were already gone, Great job Southwest. :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.