1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room amenities at the Flamingo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ratdoggy, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at the Flamingo in a "GO" room. What kind of amenities should I not expect to see. I know there aren't any coffee makers.
    Does it have a
    Hair drier?
    In room safe?
    Refrigerators?
    Internet fee?
    Thanks in advance

2. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Yes" to all, at least the GO Luxury w/View rooms I've stayed in there. The internet was in the neighborhood of $13.00 per day, per device, if I recall correctly. I didn't use it, but it was posted by the connection wire on the desk.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your stay!

Vegas Vacation 2024
  3. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed in a GO room last week and there was a coffee maker in the room. I don't drink coffee, but did notice it. Not sure if it was a fluke or not.

Hair Dryer - yep
    Safe - yep
    Frig - Yep
    Internet Fee - It was around $12 and you can use points to pay

Huge flat screen TV in bedroom, cool tv in the bathroom mirror. Electronic drapes, floor to ceiling windows, comfy bed with good sheets (I'm a sheet snob).

Ask for one with no adjoining door. I ask for this regardless of where I stay (travel every week on business). It's tourist season now and room occupants are usually louder when tourists vs business, rooms with adjoining doors are much more noisy.

I love love love the GO rooms, enjoy!
    diane

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe is inside the closet in the wall. I wouldn't really think it would work well for a laptop, but worked great for us for cash, extra credit cards, etc. I tried the default codes they show online after reading warnings & the 0000 did NOT unlock the safe, so I was happy. If I remember correctly I needed my code & the room key I swiped with when I created the code.

Coffee maker IS standard in GO rooms (not a fluke). Not in FAB rooms though.

Recommendation for internet - If you arrive later one day, wait until late that day to pay for internet. Then you get it till same time next day. I would do it very late on arrival day, then have full use of it all the next day until late again. Then skip again until late the next night. Basically had use of it all the time that i needed it but only paid for 1/2 the days. It is 24 hours vs. days of the week. It is, however, per device. I believe the closest free spots would be Cafe' Madeleine @ Paris, Starbucks @ Harrahs or McD's just above Harrahs. For me the risk of carrying my laptop around is to much - I would rather pay the fee.

Bathroom counter space isn't very big, although it does vary depending on room set-up. That's really my only criticism of a GO room.

Some rooms have tubs & separate showers - others have only showers. Depends on location. If you want a tub, make sure you ask for it.

And yes, they have an alarm clock (someone recently wrote a TR where they didn't have an alarm clock) - so if you don't have one, call for one to be sent up.

Easter again..:
  5. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I can return the coffee maker I just bought for the trip then :)
    Thanks for the info.

6. zackenbarsch

zackenbarsch Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The safe in the closet worked well for my laptop.
    And there are coffe makers!

7. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah GO rooms have the coffee and the mini fridge which is a nice surprise considering you open it and there is NO mini bar! Now can anyone confirm if those highly touted sound systems they have work in ANY of the GO rooms?

Last time I was in Flamingo a year ago they said they didn't have any of the cables to plug into your device..

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that you need to bring your own cable or connector (whatever it is) for the ipod docks. Used to be the cables were supplied, however, they stopped that after about 6 months. Evidently about 99.8% of the cables LEFT the premises with the room occupants!!! For awhile I believe you could then purchase (or pay a deposit) & get one for the room, however now I believe you have to just supply your own.

Taking the extra shampoo is one thing, but taking the electronics cables is just tacky.........

Easter again..:
  9. GolferTrav

GolferTrav High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sound systems work quite well. I usually hook up my Apple Airport Express to it and stream music from my MacBook Pro.

It's silly that the cables were walking off because I can't think of another application that uses a 30-pin to 30-pin connector like that Denon system does. Anyway, you don't need anything fancy, you just need a 3.5mm (headphone size) to 3.5mm cable OR a 3.5mm to stereo RCA. The headphone to headphone connects to the AUX port in the front and the RCA can connect in the back.

They can be had at your local Radio Shack or Walmart for less than $10 and can come in handy elsewhere too if you enjoy your OWN music.

3.5mm to 3.5mm Cable at RadioShack - $6.99

3.5mm to RCA Cable at RadioShack - $5.99

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup:

I figured it was people running off with the cables, but you are right - that is fairly stupid. Good to know there is an AUX input, so I plan on bringing one of those cables.

As much as I enjoy the wonderful programming on Vegas TV - music might be a better options ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.