1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Fab Luxury Room??

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by arkansasrebel, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkansasrebel

arkansasrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Myself and a friend are heading Vegas mid January and I have a comped Fab Luxury room booked at the Flamingo. last and only other trip to Vegas was a stay at the Hard Rock. Any suggestions for the Flamingo? I am a gold TR member, read a few posts about the line being shorter for TR members.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can give you full details next month! I have a fab luxury comped as well the first week of Sept. I will post a full TR.!!

3. arkansasrebel

arkansasrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, looking forward to reading your TR.

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Captainron,

My husband and I also will be at the Flamingo, Sept. 3rd-6th, comped room for the Fab Luxury so I will be reviewing as well. Maybe the $20.00 will get me a Go room. LOL.

K-9treatbaker

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the last several months they have offered a TR member line. It was recently over to the right side of check-in near the self check-in electronic kiosks. (Diamond/Platinum room is in a separate area to the left).

Only normally a couple people (ZERO A FEW TIMES I LOOKED) in that line. At the same time the regular check-in lines were up to & well over 100 people long.

If you don't have your TR card with you, it will still take you less time to get a replacement card there & then get into the TR line than to wait in the regular line.

Don't know if it will still be there in January, but watch for the sign - people have a tendency to follow the mass of bodies - so you need to be on your toes & watch for signage.

Also - 20% off breakfast at Margaritaville with your TR card ( you can room charge there) as well as 10% off RETAIL at Margaritaville all day (no room charging but if you have enough TR credits you can get a voucher to use from TR desk.

Discounts at many of the restaurants in all CET locations - the menu will be marked - show them your card to get the lower price.

If you can get a $20 trick upgrade to a GO room, I like those. But others are finding the FAB rooms just fine (bathrooms were not remodeled).

While construction is going on your best room request would be for a 'quiet' room. Ones facing north may be subject to noise from Linq construction depending on what is occurring at that time. Ones to the strip face Caesars & can be affected by noise from the club (Pure?) - although not sure so much in January. Ones to the south are very nice. If you can get a high one you may have a fountain view. Ones facing into the garden are also very nice & if nothing from construction causing noise are very quiet.

6. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked for fab luxury in October I believe the Luxury part is a strip view, I hope so anyway

7. arkansasrebel

arkansasrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great information. I am planning the $20 trick in hopes of an upgrade. I wasn't aware of the discount at CET properties for meals.

8. ROTJob

ROTJob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I will be the first one up for these. I am booked in a Fab Luxury but am hoping for a GO upgrade. I will report back with full details either way.

9. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I almost always get a Go room but over New Year's they messed up my reservation and put me in a fab room. The room itself was decent with laminate looking floors but they are very slippery so be careful. The throw at the end of the bed is a pink hairy thing that leaves pieces of itself all over your clothes if you put anything on it. The bathrooms were not really remodeled but we didn't have any issues. Overall it was a decent room but make sure you get a fab luxury or your view may be the back of another building or the parking garage. I agree with other posters about the noise from the linq project, maybe try to get a room on the Bill's side. Have a great time, I've stayed in the Flamingo 13 times since August 09 but will finally be trying out Caesars for my next trip on August 25th.

10. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the Flamingo website: Upgraded rooms include sweeping views of the Las Vegas Strip.

I am going to request one overlooking Bills. We've had it before and it was a good view of Bellagio, Bally's, and Paris. And relatively close to the elevators.

11. sonicimpulse

sonicimpulse Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab Room

I just did a post on the Flamingo. Everyone that walks into the flamingo is a gold member. You need platinum or diamond status to get in the short line. The only draw back to the fab rooms is no refrigerator. If you use them its worth to pay for the upgrade. If you gamble alot you can get to platinum status after one trip and they will comp you the go rooms for free.

12. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not everyone has a players card and last I heard there was a separate line for gold (standard) members about 6 weeks ago

13. arkansasrebel

arkansasrebel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Now a Honeymoon

Well I am excited and thrilled to say that since I started this thread in July, this Vegas trip will become a honeymoon. I know luxury view rooms have views of the strip. Any recommendations a particular side of the hotel for the best view?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.