1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick change

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by burdog, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was checking hotel and rental cars for a trip in October. We had Paris originally booked for 4 nights @ 60$/nt. A week ago I re-checked and it came up comped, so cancel, rebook. All this time Caesars was running $189 (?)/nt. Today Caesars is comped except for 1 night, REBOOK. LOL. Was also checking for a rental car for Phoenix and found a minivan for $90/3days and a Tahoe for $135/3days. Not sure of itinerary so didn't book, check next day and minivan is $255 and Tahoe is $350. Amazes me that prices change so often and so radically. Anyone else experience changes like these so soon?

2. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, at least as far as rental cars go. I always keep re-checking those after booking.

I have a question though, how are you able to keep checking rates for the hotels? You booked through the harrahs/ceasars site I assume since you say they are coming up comped? And you put your total rewards numbers in? How do you get rates to come up once you've already booked? I've always gotten the message that says you are already booked for this time period.

Thanks,
    Tracey

3. gigglemonkee

gigglemonkee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    once you book on total rewards you can still view rates on the calendar just not book on a day you have an existing one.

4. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I just go to TR with our numbers entered and to reservations. I like the calendar rates for checking instead of our offers as the calendar always seems cheaper. If I find a better rate I cancel the original rate and then book the new rate. But I always leave the calendar page window open and cancel the original res. off of a new window. Have experienced that I close the window to cancel old res. and when I go back to make a new reservation the rate has changed. This happens more on car rental than TR.

5. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh, ok, thanks. I had the calendar part tell me I could only book one night at a time before so I've never really used it too much. Perhaps I was doing something wrong...

6. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not just you. Depends on how you access the calendar. Once you enter any specific dates, it seems to assume you want to use an offer (so you get an error if it's already used for that month).

The easiest way I've found to find rates when an offer is in use is to click on Las Vegas at the top of the page, then click compare rates, then click find a room.

However, since I don't play much at the Harrah's properties anymore, for me these rates are invariably higher than the rates I get using an offer. Sometimes they are higher than the rates I can see when not logged in or when using a publicly available promotion code. So it would nice to be able to see rates under a used offer to see if the rate at the hotel I've already booked has decreased, to see rates for the same dates at other hotels, and to even check rates a day or two either way when I have a bit a bit of flexibility. But Harrah's apparently doesn't want users to have this information.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you view the calendar & see a lower rate, you can also call CET & have them change it for you. Then you aren't risking something disappearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.