1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RTC Changes- Bus Riders

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by keno60, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the bus changes are on the RTC.com site. The 5 day pass is gone.
    They raised all the fares. Effective September 30, that when my next trip starts!

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keno60:
    I have the RTC website bookmarked and immediately went to check it out. I know that they usually institute changes in september if memory serves me well. I could not find any mention of price changes or elimination of the 5 day pass etc. Canh you post a link?

Jimbo338

3. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the Link! Fortunately, I bought a 5 day pass in march to start my next trip with. Then a 3 day all access pass should do the trick.

Jimbo338

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you got a link that helped. Good luck on your 5 day pass, I didn't buy an extra because I was concerned if it would be usable. But I should have "gambled" and bought one! Have a great time Jimbo.:wave:

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had purchased a 30 day pass or some pass in the past and they changed things. I contacted the RTC and they assured me that they would honor the pre-purchased pass. They were good on their word so I didn't hesitate when I was there in March to buy one to use boarding the WAX at the airport. I guess I'll use it and buy a 3 day pass and I'll be all set. In the future I guess the 15 day pass will be the way to go.

I am a little confused about the reduced fare card. In the future is that going to be just for the locals? It was not a stipulation in the past and I got an all access pass (I guess residential) when I boarded the WAX last time and asked the driver about it. She said the reduced pass was identical to the local pass and I wouldn't have a problem......and I didnt.

I'll be waiting for all the updated information and explanation. Maybe Dewey will get it all figured out for us.

Jimbo338

7. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been concerned about that local issue also and since I will be with my sister it will be a little more of a issue. Yes, I try to keep in touch with Dewey on bus information. Like he says he has never been asked for a local id, nor have I. We will keep our fingers crossed!:nono:My last trip I could have gotten reduced fare for my youngest son, but I am not a crook. Ha,Ha.
    Have a great trip, and great luck with the gambling.:wave:

8. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ride the bus alot, and I have never been asked for an ID. If fact, I can only remember twice being asked to show my bus pass on board(once SDX and once HDX).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.