1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

vann\illa ice at flamingo pool & carnival court

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by paperposter, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    notsure wheres this belongs

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2012/7/26/20353/9798/vegas-travel/Stop%2C+Collaborate+and+Listen%3A+Ice+is+Back+to+Host+a+Pool+Party+at+Flamingo

It's no secret that Vegas loves the 90s, but out of all the famous 90s celebs that have come to town lately, this might be our favorite -- Vanilla Ice.

The white rapper turned home improvement show host will be hanging poolside next weekend at The Flamingo's GO Pool. Aside from lounging, signing autographs, posing for photos and dishing tips on drywall and roofing supplies, Ice will also be performing later that night at the Carnaval Court.

And, yes, "Ice Ice Baby" is on the setlist. So are some songs from his new album (who knew?) WTF -- Wisdom, Tenacity & Focus.

Both GO Pool guests and concert-goers must be 21 years or older and a cover charge will apply. The party starts at the pool at 2 p.m. on August 4 while the concert begins at midnight. Now we can't help but wonder -- will Vanilla Ice use his DIY skillz to renovate the suites at Imperial Palace? Might not be a bad idea....

2. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Ice Ice Baby is stolen from Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sat next to him on a flight to Vegas last year. Pretty much what you would expect: kind of a d*****. But, I will say that he did politely sign all autographs and pose for all photos asked of him.

4. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four years ago I was next to him at a craps table at the Bellagio for about 2 hours. He was very cool and not a D***** at all (whatever that is). He introduced himself as Rob - as in his real name Rob VanWinkle. I remember I made a killing - up $1600 that day talking to him the whole time. Later that night I was sitting in the martini bar about 2 in the morning and he saw me and invited me to join him and his crew for another run at the dice. I pulled in another $600 profit.
    I am so bummed....I was in Vegas the week of July 15 and apparently will have missed him by two weeks. Would have been fun to see if he remembered me.

5. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sis and I will be going to carnival court to see him, it's our last night in Vegas with a 7:20am flight so probably won't go to bed that night. We are staying at Harrahs

6. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vanilla Ice was awesome, we got on stage with him during Ice Ice baby...so much fun..lol

:thumbsup::beer:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.