1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mt. Charleston Trail Ride Closes

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by 4dazeoff, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4dazeoff

4dazeoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bought a groupon for wife and i to ride horses at Mt. Charleston Trail Rides in august. Was informed by groupon via email that they have gone out of business. was given a full refund but a bit disappointed. oh well.

2. BJK5692

BJK5692 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used a groupon with them in June, and we had a great experience. They did not appear to be very busy, though, and maybe the groupon offer was their last attempt at drawing more business.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't one of the owners die over the summer? If so, that would be a plausible explanation for closing.....

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was up at Mt Charleston a couple of weeks ago and did not see any signage or info on the trail rides anywhere so it probably shut down right after the owner passed away.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Dewey rode with them not too long ago. Gues it is Bonnie Springs Ranch then. Thanks 4Daze

6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm not surprised since they had horrible business practices. we were scheduled for a ride, and they canceled our ride without even telling us. yes, the owner died recently, but my dad had confirmed our ride with them 2 days before our ride (and this was after the owner's death, so it wasn't like they canceled because he suddenly died). they said the friday rides were still on but not the saturday or sunday (this was late june). we showed up, and no one else was there. just a bunch of poor horses standing out in the sun and heat for hours. apparently, they don't care enough about their customers to let them know they canceled their rides. shame though because it was a birthday present from my dad. the company always had groupons going on though, probably a last attempt to save the business as someone mentioned. glad at least some people had good experiences with them. :peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.