1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games BJ Switch at Venetian or Palazzo?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Stryk, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryk

Stryk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I love BJ Switch. Don't remember it at Venetian last time we were there, but didn't check Palazzo. Anyone know?

2. gamblersruin

gamblersruin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know palazzo had it last time i went around july 4th.

3. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, but had a blast playing BJ Switch last time in Vegas.

4. Stryk

Stryk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the few card games I can get my wife to play. Maybe it just has to do with the fact that we crushed it for a couple of grand one night.

5. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the game -- as it gives you more to think about, but the drawback for me is that it's always (in my experiences at any rate) a low limit table. While that's great for the casual player, it can be a slow and frustrating game if you're betting black chips and most of the others barely know basic strategy, let alone SWITCH strategy!

6. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play it here and there, but it never fails to frustrate the heck out of me when I forget about the "All hands push on dealer 22" crap. When they pick up that stupid little disc and pass it slowly in front of our faces right after we've high-fived the apparent bust it just feels like getting kicked in the balls.

I honestly don't recall ever seeing it at Venetian or Palazzo and I play there a lot. But I could be wrong. Some spots that I KNOW have it include COSMO and LUXOR.

I love that excitement when you get dealt a pair of 6's and a pair of 5's (especially since I'm always betting the Super Pair bet as well) and you get to switch the top cards and double on both hands. Of course . . . . that dang dealer might just pull a 22 and truly crush your heart, but still.

A fun game.

7. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are so right about that 22. I'm always like YES A WIN! then D'oh no win?!?

8. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

I enjoy playing it...as long as I don't lose my shirt

9. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HAHA!!!!! It's so embarrassing, too.
    You just know they had to make up that stupid disc thing because it was getting exhausting for the dealers to keep having to explain/remind the players of that part of the rules.

It seems so official and final when they put a puck in your face. "Oh, right. We didn't win. The circle said so. It's official. We're screwed."

A person you can argue with.
    A white acryllic disc . . . not so much.

OH!!!! I just remembered ----- it's DEFINITELY at the Wynn also (I played it there last time) so if you guys can't find it at Venetian/Palazzo, it's right across the bridge.

10. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio has it, and I think I saw it (didn't play it) at Aria as well.

Regarding the push on 22 - I have played at a couple of places where I've been PAID when the dealer busts with a 22. Some dealers forget that fine point from time to time (and I was not going to point it out to them... that would have earned me quite the evil eye from other players)!!

11. CosmoM

CosmoM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got paid at the Venetian on a dealer 22 push a few times, and definitely did not help the dealer. Fortunately, the other players did not say a word either.

Dealer mistakes are a source of positive expectation, that most players give up by correcting the mistake.

Cheers,

Cosmo

12. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

HAHA!

I was playing a baccarat table once that had one of those side bets (carny bets). I honestly don't even remember the particulars of when/how it gets paid. But, the great thing was the dealer wasn't really hip to the fact that the sucker bet gets lost every time it doesn't pay, regardless of whether or not the regular baccarat hand wins or not.

So, I upped the side bet and really increased my player advantage for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.