1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Visa and Comp points

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sandy1809, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy1809

sandy1809 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone noticed that they are not getting all of the points they should from the use of the TR Visa? I've recently started keeping track because something seemed hinky....

13,359 May 18 TR RC point balance
    1,600 June 4 paid my Visa bill (TR reported on the bill say 1,644 not sure why...)
    = 14,959 or 15,003 (my math)

but according to the website...
    15,023 June 11 TR RC point balance (an extra 20 points)
    1,664 June 19 Visa pymt (TR on the bill agrees)
    = 16,687 (my math)

but according to the website
    15,288 July 11 TR RC point balance

I've continued to check my balance daily but it remains at 15,288

2. mmikeee

mmikeee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah I noticed something a bit funky about my RC rewarded on last month's bill.

I went to Vegas last month and spent around $150 on their properties so that should be 150x3=450. I made another $150 in regular purchases so total for the month should've been 600. On my statement, it only states 150...I did cancel one night at Ballys which was $90 so I expected my statement to be 600-270=330.

So 330 vs 150. But when I checked my account on total rewards it looked like they did add the right amount. I don't remember what I was at exactly but I was around 4,600 RC and now I'm at 4,917. So it looks like I got the right amount of RCs added but my statement is wrong. I plan on actually recording this stuff from now on so we'll see if something is fishy.

3. deviatevdp

deviatevdp Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please keep this thread updated because I just signed up for the TR Visa last month and am very curious on your findings. Thanks!

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a question on mine one month. I used the contact on CETs website &I she provided detail on dates & amounts.

5. ROTJob

ROTJob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my TR Visa last year just after a trip and it is not linked to my actual TR player account. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this? I've tried calling CET and Visa directly, but each one blames the other party.

6. mmikeee

mmikeee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when i got my card there was a number on there you could call to confirm that the visa card is linked to your TR account. I think the number was: 1.800.421.2110

7. sandy1809

sandy1809 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I have the hinkyness figured out.

Via emailing through totalrewards.com it was explained to me that the points I accrue with my Visa post to my account within 5 days of the statement closing date; which appears to me to mean that the points post even before I pay the bill (or at least they can be backdated to appear to post before I pay the bill because of the delay in getting the database tapes from the bank).

I'm going to continue tracking it to see if it really works the way it was explained. I still don't entirely trust that I'm getting all of the points I should but maybe that's just my skeptisicm. LOL

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.